CR84FN21

Thursday, March 31, 2011


Just popping in with a quick card for the CR84FN Color Challenge (CR84FN21). The colors were definitely a challenge for me but I thought I'd give them a go anyway. I love the green but I think it's any shade of red that scares me!! Here's the color palette.


I used the sketch from Sketchbook Saturday Saturday Challenge #4 as my starting point.


I like to get a good bit of use out of the stamps I buy, this birds one by Inkadinkado I bought for Valentine's with love birds in mind but it's such a lovely image I think I could use it for other occasions too! I stamped it directly onto a doily here.


The leafy branches are a rub on (can't remember who makes it!) the color was a perfect match! I used Bitty Banners from Waltzingmouse Stamps for the tag and the sentiment is from Fancy Phrases also Waltzingmouse Stamps.


The music ribbon I had in my stash (I'm finding lots of things since my clear out!!) I have lots of clear jars for my ribbons, buttons and flowers so I can see what I have at a glance now! Makes life a bit easier!


The background papers are Webster's Pages and October Afternoon. Ok, enjoy the rest of your day, I've still lots to do!

Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, cream card, Webster's Pages, October Afternoon The Thrift Shop, green digi paper
Stamps: Birds Inkadinkado, Bitty Banners and Fancy Phrases by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Ink it Up Burgundy, Black archival ink, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen
Other: Doily, sewing machine, button, music note ribbon, rub on branch.

26 comments

  1. Wow beautiful stamp, great colorcombo and beautiful details!

    Hugs, Corine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Clare

    What a lovely card I would be scared of that colour combo to - but you've come up trumps with this card - and I just LOVE (sorry NEED!!) that music note ribbon! LOL

    Speak soon

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wow; another fabulous card. I love that ribbon....in fact; I love every piece and bit of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card! I love the ribbon and bird stamp, also those rub-on's do go perfectly with the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm terrible at making cards but this is so inspiring, I just want to go and craft :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely, Clare; doves are such sweet birds, and I love your musical ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a masterpiece!!! Love those birds, and the ribbon, and the luscious papers! Can I just say that I am SO HAPPY I discovered your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous Clare! I love the ribbon and the pretty vine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Clare! Love the sweet birds stamped on the doily! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Clare! This card is fabulous!!! Love the gorgeous doves!!! Love how you stamped them directly on the doily! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you stamped on the doily! Duh, why didn't I think of that!! Your card is scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Clare, I just LOVE that music bow and those birds are so FAB for any occasion! LOVE the rub ons, too! It amazing what you find when you sort things out! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful. I think your papers are so pretty, and matching music ribbon too! The lovebirds on the doily are just gorgeous. Fab! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet card Clare! Love the birds paired with that beautiful patterned paper! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Clare, I just adore those canoodling doves. They are too fab! That musical ribbon is pretty special too. Wouldn't mind finding some of that lying around myself. Thanks for such a magical card. ..once again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just beautiful. Love the music on the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just beautiful Clare, the musical notes on the ribbon are so effective, a lovely vintage feel to this too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a cute card, I love that the music paper and musical twill match. Great colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is beautiful, Clare! So many gorgeous details... I couldn't possibly pick a fave! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving some love during our Wplus9 April Release! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Me again! Just wanted to let you know how much I like visiting your blog - not sure if you saw this (the fav. inspir part ) ;
    http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2011/03/moxie-fabber-of-week-karin-akesdotter.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is just lovely. I tend to shy away from stamp images that are fine line details because I feel like they call out "color me"! But I just love the doves stamped on a doily - they are so beautiful. You've made me want to dig thru my stamps again!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the birds, beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Очень изысканно!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm super happy that you played with my sketch, Clare. I'm a big fan of your work, and this card is superb! I love how you stamped on a doily, and this awesome ribbon. LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.