Daisies and banners

Saturday, March 12, 2011


I hope you're enjoying the weekend, I made a fun circular card for this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge (WMSC38). Here's the sketch.


The colors I used are from this week's Tuesday Trigger 'Oh So Lovely' from Moxie Fab World. Aren't the colors gorgeous!! I love that shade of green...


I got a chance to play with some of my new stamps from Waltzingmouse Stamps. The sentiment is from Vintage Banners, I love this set, there's so many great elements!! The little stars are from the Bitty Banners set also from Waltzingmouse Stamps. I quilled the little butterfly, it's made up of an oval and two heart quilled shapes.


The little quilled daisies are really easy to make, they're made up of five white closed coils and a yellow closed coil on top. The cute dotty banners are from the Bitty Banners set from Waltzingmouse Stamps.


I added some peachy seam binding bows and I found some coral embroidery thread during my spring cleaning that matched well, so I made some little bows.


A fun and cheery card I think! Don't forget to check out the rest of the Mischief Makers creations and some of the WMS DT at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!! : )

Supplies:


Card/Paper: Prima Botanical, Prima Melody, white card
Stamps: Bitty Banners and Vintage Banners from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Yellow ink, Persimmon ink, black archival ink
Other: Quilling papers in yellow, white, primrose, peach seam binding, coral embroidery thread, Sizzix scallop tag die, die-cutting machine, foam pads, white acrylic paint, sewing machine.

14 comments

  1. This one is really fun and cheery - it makes me feel light-hearted! Your quilled embellishemnts are sooo cute - they finish off your masterpiece perfectly!
    Have a great weekend!
    Ulina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, cute banner and love the way you did the flowers and butterflie! Have a great weekend.

    Hugs Corine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare, your card is gorgeous. Love the soft colors and your beautiful banner! Awesome take on both challenges.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. great combo of challenges Claire! This looks like a world globe festooned with banners! It would make a perfect new baby card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clare, this is so lovely! The little banners and the quilled flowers, just awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card, Clare and the quilling again! Lovely soft colours too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the flowers and the banner. A perfect birthday or baby card. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I love your little banner and the quilled flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilling is just stunning Clare! I love that this is so unique! You make these circle cards look so easy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet, so beautiful, love those guilling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you included quilling with your card and the bright and cheerful card and banner!!! Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love this!! The quilling is amazing and I love the little banner (can't wait to get mine!!) Great take on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Clare! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeously embellished banner accent!! I love it!! Great job with the Tuesday Trigger challenge!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.