Girlie banner (WMSC39)

Saturday, March 19, 2011


I love this week's new sketch from the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge! I'm definitely enjoying the banner trend at the moment AND I'm so glad Claire designed some gorgeous banner stamps! Here's the sketch.


I also used this week's color challenge from Color Combos Galore #184, the challenge also included the option of using sheer ribbon or fabric. I used a little pink organza ribbon on my card.


So, for the banner I used the pretty scalloped banner from Vintage Banners by Waltzingmouse Stamps, stamped with some white acrylic paint and cut out by hand... it didn't take that long! : ) Inside that I stamped a smaller banner from Bitty Banners also by Waltzingmouse Stamps. The little motif is from Very Vintage Labels No.18 from Waltzingmouse Stamps.


The papers are from BoBunny Gabrielle and Prima Melody. For the dots I used the Swiss Dots embossing folder and rubbed with sandpaper.


The sentiment is from Fancy Phrases by Waltzingmouse Stamps, I stamped it twice, once in pink and once in black, slightly off register. You can see a little of the background paper that I stamped with white acrylic paint using Text-It also from Waltzingmouse Stamps.


At the top I added some lace bows, some torn seam binding bows and a touch of organza ribbon topped with some little paper roses. Don't forget to check out the fabulous creations from the Mischief Makers and some of the WMS DT at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. Enjoy your weekend!! : )

Supplies:


Card/Paper: Prima Melody, BoBunny Gabrielle, white card
Stamps: Vintage Banners, Bitty Banners, Fancy Phrases, Text-It, Very Vintage Labels No.18 all from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Black archival ink,  Memento Rose Bud, Angel pink
Other: White acrylic paint, sewing machine, paper roses, Swiss Dots embossing folder, die-cutting machine, lemon seam binding, white lace, pink organza ribbon.

18 comments

  1. Oh so lovely Clare! You do shabby chic like nobody else, and make it look so easy! Love the banners, and the soft colours. And congrats on your new DT post, I had a feeling Keilly had asked you, I'm so honoured to be in such talented company, let alone a teeny bit scared lol! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh so pretty Clare ... I love the colours and the ribbons are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lace bows really dress up this wonderful banner birthday card Clare! Love the stamping on the banners and the embossed dots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right that's it - I'm just going to hang up my ink pads right now, the perfect card has been produced and there is just no point in me trying any longer...this is just divine! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh it IS girlie! So beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! Love the banner and bows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS card! Love the soft colors, the scallops, the ribbon. Your card is beautiful.
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my shabby goodness, girlie :) This is sooooo pretty! I adore banners at present too and can't get enough of them. Your soft pastels and pinks just make my heart go pitter patter ... brilliant design :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So stunning, Clare! I love the white background stamping and your beautiful banners!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant stamping the "shadow" of the sentiment! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a brilliantly shabby chic card - love the soft colours, the pretty bows, the texture of the dots - all of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too lovely, love the soft pastel colours, the pennants, the ribbons, all is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh is this card wonderful... I L O V E this! Wow! The colors are marvelous, the sanded embossed paper is grand... the bows are heavenly! I absolutely L O V E this! I've got to check back with you again.
    Have a Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another beauty for my favorites folder :)
    The way you used this banner stamp is jaw dropping gorgeous. I love your creative idea of stmaping the sentiment twice; it looks beautiful.
    Your choice of papers and the sanded dots; everything is gorgeous. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wauw, Clare, this one is really pretty! Love the colors and all the pretty details! Amazing!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a pretty card, Clare. I love the delicate colours...everything! So, so, pretty xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.