Happy St.Patrick's Day!!

Thursday, March 17, 2011



Happy St.Patrick's Day!!! I hope you're enjoying the Friends of Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Waltz!! I managed to get a card done, I wanted to do two cards (using both of Claire's St.Patrick's Day digis) but I was over ambitious! Ran out of time! So I went with the ol' shamrocks... gotta love 'em!! (shamrocks digital stamp available free here!)


I colored them using simple watercolors, I'm quite happy with the results! The background papers are 7Gypsies Conservatory and the green one is Webster's Pages. I know the sentiment isn't WMS... sorry! Didn't have another one!


I did stamp the tag with a section of a label from Very Vintage Labels No.18 in Sage ink. I added a little green seam binding bow and an emerald trinket pin that I made!!


I distressed the edges with some Tim Holtz Distress Ink in antique linen for a nice vintage look. Ok, enjoy the rest of the Blog Waltz!! And have a lovely St.Patrick's Day!! : ) We're off to see the St.Patrick's Day parade in my home town of Tralee, Niall's in the parade every year as part of the Reserve Defense Forces. Isabelle loves seeing her daddy in the parade and waving her Irish flag at him!! Looks like it'll be dry but chilly, so we'll wrap up warm!

29 comments

  1. Fabulous and beautiful!
    Happy St. Patty's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare I love this bouqet. Love the vibtant chade of green and your choice of papers is fab. Your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posie looks wonderful against the text bg Clare! Your coloring is beautiful - and the ribbon and little pin add just the right touch! have fun at the parade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colouring on the shamrocks Clare, and I love the background paper. Happy St. Patrick's Day xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colouring and great with the written bg! Have fun at the parade!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect card for St. Patrick's Day! Just finished having some Irish soda bread with my tea. Have fun at the parade--you should post some photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and wish you a happy St. Patrick's Day!

    Hugs Corine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy St. Patrick's Day Clare! Great job coloring that bundle of WM shamrocks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, love the newsprint background and the hat pin, nice touch. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Clare! Happy St. Patricks's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, Claire! I love the text background and thin border behind the image!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh WOW this is just wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!!! Your card is FABULOUS!!! Just love what you do - so perfect all the time!
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!
    /Karin

    ReplyDelete
  14. My goodness Clare, this could not be more wonderful! Hats off to you on your incredible cutting skills! And I love the background you created to show off those beautiful shamrocks. Happy St Pat's Day to you, my friend!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. So delicate and pretty! I am in awe of your cutting skills.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful as always, Clare! Your coloring is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  17. loving this card and how you colored the shamrocks. the bow and tag is a sweet little touch

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Clare

    Hope you all enjoyed the St Patrick's day parade and Happy St Patrick's day to you all.

    My Dad lived over in Killaloe for around 15 odd years so I've had many happy holidays there! He still misses the Guinness! Have you been to Killaloe?

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this Clare...your text background really brings out the best of your focal image! Outstanding!

    Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so pretty, Clare! I love that background paper - it really sets off the image! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love how you snipped the individual stems, it looks so realistic. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is amazing!! I love your fussy cut bouquet- and it's heavenly on that 7 gypsies!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. So pretty Clare! I love the different looks to the shamrock bouquet everyone is doing today! Yur trinket pin is darling too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is fabulous - love the backing paper and the shamrocks are so delicate! It's lovely. Hope you had a simply fab day too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy St Patricks to you!! Lovely card Clare ... those shamrocks look fabulous against the script

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous! Hope you all had a great time at the parade.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The posie itself is amazing, but when it's nestled on the book paper it is even more so. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is such a sweet mage and I love how you cut it out and popped it up on your beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.