Mother's Day

Monday, March 28, 2011


Mother's Day is the 3rd of April here in Ireland and in the UK, so I made this card for my mom. She loves warm colors especially sunny yellow hues and warm reds. The color challenge this week at Color Combos Galore #185 was just the perfect palette for my card, the challenge also included the use of some non-traditional pattern.


I also used the sketch from the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge  (SSSC110) as my starting point.


The flower I made using Tim Holtz Sizzix Bigz Die - Tattered Florals. The paper is from an old Cosmo Cricket set Honey Pie but I only discovered it recently! The centre is a fabric covered button from my stash.


The wooden leaves are from Kaisercraft. The edges are brown so I'm hoping that counts as my brown color for the color palette!


The yellow paper is also from Honey Pie by Cosmo Cricket. I just added some texture using Swiss Dots embossing folder and lightly sanded the top.


The labels are all from Very Vintage Labels No.18 by Waltzingmouse Stamps stamped in lemon yellow. I cut them out by hand because I don't have that die, not too tricky though! The sentiment is from Fancy Phrases by Waltzingmouse Stamps.


Now, we're off out to the garden to make the most of the sunshine, planting some potatoes and onions in the veggie patch.... it's back to the usual rain tomorrow. Have a lovely day! : )

Supplies:


Card/Paper: Honey Pie Cosmo Cricket, white card
Stamps: Very Vintage Labels No.18 and Fancy Phrases by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Impress Lemon yellow, Black archival ink, TH distress ink Antique Linen
Other: Kaiser Craft Wood Flourishes, sewing machine, swiss dots embossing folder, die-cutting machine, fabric brad, Sizzix Bigz Die - Tattered Florals.

10 comments

  1. Oh Clare, what a special card. I love it for so many reasons all stemming from your wonderfully creative and ultra talented self, but mostly for the fact that you cut out the die by hand that alone is what I find the most fabulous as it just reminds me that I can, even in the face of not having all the latest and the greatest gadgets and doodads available, still attempt to make something work and there is every chance that it just might. To me, that is more inspiring than you may know. Thank you for that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Love the composition, and your flower is fabby x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is fabulous! I know your mum will be awestruck...like I was :). The colors are so beautiful and I agree with Sasha about the composition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know your Mom will love this card! Love that flower and leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this beauty! Such a bright and happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous!!! The colours are fabulous and the flower is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Clare! The colors are so alive, I love how this looks! Fantastic! Thanks so much for playing! I LOVE your cards! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another stunner!! I love this colour palette, and the bloom is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A piece of heaven captured in a card......and I LOVE it. What more can I say? :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.