Nesting birds!

Friday, March 11, 2011


I managed to grab some time in my craft room today so I made a card using the colors from this week's Color Throwdown #132, I love this combo!


The past few days it's been raining a lot and windy too, so there's no chance of getting out to the garden, but I can still see the signs of spring emerging in the garden, the drop of rain has spurred things on!


I found this gorgeous vintage image of two sweet birds nesting at The Graphics Fairy. She has some fabulous free vintage images there, just check out the new search page.


The flower I made is a fabric flower (with singed edges) with a gathered lace centre and finished with a simple button.


The papers are from my scraps box, I've been trying to use up some stuff since my spring clean (nearly finished cleaning! Just a couple more piles!!) The sentiment on the tag is from Bountiful Baskets Additions by Waltzingmouse Stamps.

I'll be back tomorrow with my card and the new sketch from the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. See you then!!

Supplies:


Card/Paper: Prima Melody, white card, some scraps! digital image from The Graphics Fairy
Stamps: Bountiful Baskets Additions from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Black Archival ink
Other: Twine, yellow satin fabric, lace, button, swiss dots embossing folder, sewing machine, die-cutting machine, Sizzix scalloped tag die.

4 comments

  1. Beautiful work, love that vintage image and gorgeous handmade bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Your creation are always so special and unique... grrreat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful vintage card! Love the image and your beautiful flower!!!

    Hugs Corine

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't need a lot of supplies to create sometinhg gorgeous.
    Like this card; my oh my....less is defintely more. An amazing flower and a stunning image...that's all. And it's enough to make me sigh and stare:) Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.