pretty fringe flower

Friday, March 4, 2011


I finally managed to get some crafting done today, this one's just for fun!! Very pink, very frilly and very girly!! I nearly abandoned this card, it had a different flower on it originally and it just didn't look right so I left it alone and had a go at making these fringe flowers, I saw a great video tutorial the other day on how to make them. Here's the link (this lady is so talented at making flowers!!)


They're actually fairly easy to make, I used fabric glue because I don't have a hot glue gun. I used an organza type fabric because I wanted a frayed look. I added a little pink lace that I gathered to the centre and a vintage earring. It turned out really pretty!


I pleated some scrap tissue paper that I found in my 'clear out'!! and brushed it with white acrylic paint. The sentiment is from Anna Griffin. (Forgot I had these!!)


The dotty paper is from Prima Melody and the sweet butterflies are from K&Co Smitten. I'm addicted to cutting out butterflies at the moment! We're still enjoying beautiful sunny weather here, no rain at all, I can hardly believe it! It's supposed to last for a few more days, we're doing as much as we can in the garden while it's dry! Lots of tidying up to do and everything's growing!!

I'll be back tomorrow with a new card and sketch for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. See you then!! : )

7 comments

  1. Hi Clare

    Glad you didn't give up on this card and I do love that flower - off next to look at the link to the tutorial and a general nosey!

    Have a good weekend.

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare, This is so beautiful just love all the stiching. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and the flower is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card and fringed flower!!! I love how soft it looks and the earring for the center! Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWOOWOWWOW ... that flower is A-MAZING, Clare! Fab job -- love the pop of vintage bling in the center of the bud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Clare; the flower looks fabulous. I love the way you use old earrings. They look amazing and are a stunning finishing touch :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous ... Love the flower and the shabbiness of this card too

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.