Silhouette with quilled flower

Tuesday, March 22, 2011


I had a little time to craft today, feeling a bit under the weather so not fit for gardening even though the weather is beautiful! I've had this silhouette die from Marianne Design for a while now but haven't used it much, isn't it pretty! I combined a couple of challenges too, the colors are from CR84FN Color Challenge.


The sketch is from Card Patterns #107.



I found the colors a little bit tricky so I balanced it with a neutral. The text print is from 7Gypsies Conservatory collection. The silhouette is cut from Prima Melody paper. The ribbon I dyed with a lavender ink pad. To pretty it up a bit I added a sweet quilled flower to the silhouette.


I stamped the labels in lavender using Very Vintage Labels No.18 by Waltzingmouse Stamps and cut out by hand. 


I added a little vintage lace that I received in a lace swap a while ago from Sylvia Nelson, it's a fabulous piece of lace! The sentiment on the double ended tag is from Frame-It by Waltzingmouse Stamps.

Supplies:

Card/Paper: Prima Melody, 7Gypsies Conservatory Collection, Webster's Pages, Anna Griffin
Stamps: Frame-It, Very Vintage Labels No.18 both Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Versa Magic  Spring Pansy, Black Archival Ink
Other: Vintage Lace, lavender pearl beads, twine, Spellbinders double ended tag die, die-cutting machine, sewing machine, quilling papers in lavender and cream, quilling tool, white seam binding.


25 comments

  1. A very pretty card, and the colours are perfect. Great composition too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Clare, the silouhette is so pretty, and I love the quilled flower on her hat. The backing paper is gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soo pretty! And the quilled flower is absolutely perfect! GJ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Clare! I need to pull out that bucket of quilling supplies I keep promising myself to get to and just DO IT :) Thx for the lovely inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very sweet! Love all the touches of purple you added here. So glad you could play along with us this week on Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clare - she is so beautiful! I do like the papers you've used and the wonderful bow too! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Clare! Love all the texture and layers! You have a keen eye for detail! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Clare. I love the silhouette lady and the quilled flower,very pretty. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, Clare! The colors look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another pretty and unique card ... I love your creations ... I hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. Love the double bow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an elegant and beautiful thank you card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. sooo pretty...love everything...especially the unexpected quilled bloom! thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is lovely Claire! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so gorgeousss!!! Love the colors you used and beautiful bow!

    Hugs,Corine

    ReplyDelete
  16. What I love about all your projects is the way you create a perfect balance between papers, stamps, embellishments and dies. I know that silhouette die and it's beautiful, I love the way you used it and that quilled flower is an elegant and gorgeous addition. And as usual; your card is GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the silhouette, this card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Clare, your creations are always stunning and so adorable!
    I really like your blog!
    Greetings from Austria!
    Have a great day today!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sweet card! The silhouette die is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. your card is beautiful!! a real stunner...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Clare, this is so GORGEOUS! LOVE the silhouette and the quilling~! LOVE the frames and that FAB bow! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is gorgeous, Clare! Love the sweet silhouette and fabulous quilled flower! So glad you joined us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Clare, WOW!!! Your quilled flower is just the beginning of the fabulousness present in this stunner!!! Oh my!!! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN! Wonderful take on the challenge colors!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.