Wedding set

Monday, March 21, 2011


I have a little project in the current issue (90) of Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine (UK). I was commissioned to do a commemorative project for the royal wedding (William & Kate), I had to make a wedding card, a photo frame, invitation and matching envelope and some mini-bunting. Most of the products I used are from the Kaisercraft English Rose Collection.


The roses I made using Tim Holtz Bigz Die - Tattered Florals and some of the pretty papers from the English Rose Collection. I did a little fussy cutting using one of the floral images and layered my flowers on top for added dimension.


Here's the complete project. I added a lot of gold embossing using the matching stamp set to the papers. I altered a frame, added more of the foliage I cut out and the roses I made.


I kept the invitation (to watch the wedding at your house!) pretty simple, just using the rose stamp as a focal point and repeating it on the front of the envelope. I added a little wax seal to the back.


Here's the project in the magazine, there's another page after these two with step-by-step instructions.


For full details and lots more inspiration check out the current issue of Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine (UK).

18 comments

  1. Love your card set so pretty!The 3D Roses are so lovely!Will be looking out for this magazine.
    hugs,
    doreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely STUNNING ... I'm speechless. It's clean, classic, elegant ... yet shabby and a bit vintage. Just amazing, girlie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo lovely and elegant - royal!!!
    Your paper roses are gorgeous!
    Every detail is perfect!
    What a great set! Really worth to be published!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally gorgeous. I must pick up this edition when I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that William and Kate should ask you for their wedding invitations. My oh my this set has the perfect, elegant, classic and stunning look for a royal couple! I'm smitten!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Claire

    Wow and double wow! What a lovely project you've produced for the Mag. No doubt I will be buying the magazine!

    Take care

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning set of creations! Royal! oh wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous, I adore the paper roses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous! your handmade roses are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Clare! These are beautiful! Love the roses. How fitting you used English Rose as that was often how Diana was referred to. I, for one, will be seating in front of my TV for the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beautiful card! I love what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Очень красивый набор! Розы как настоящие!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a really amazing set, I love it all and those flowers are just beautiful, stunning work :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very beautifully! Remarkable work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Soooo gorgeous! Clare. I love the shabby chic colours, and your roses are perfect!! The best I've seen made from the TH Tattered Florals die. A really beautiful Royal Wedding set.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A perfectly wonderful set of royal invites/cards! The roses are stunning, I need to invest in one of those die cutters!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Clare these are just fantastic!!! totally stunning TFS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats, Clare! Your projects are wonderful. Your roses in this set are stunning as well.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.