Bookmark bouquet

Friday, April 29, 2011



*** My card is the Super 6 WINNER at Card Patterns!! Delighted!! ***

I meant to post this earlier but I got caught up in watching the royal wedding!! It was so beautiful! They looked so happy! Anyway, here's a card I made using this week's Card Patterns sketch 112. I loved this sketch!!


I did something a little different with this card, the central panel slots out and becomes a (large!) bookmark. The image is a little sketch I did, I scanned the line drawing, printed it and colored with acrylic paints.


I made two semi-circular tabs, the panel slots into these. I added the label with the sentiment just on the tabs, making sure the panel could still be easily taken out. This was all experimental!!


The label I made using Bitty Banners from Waltzingmouse Stamps, stamped in a light pink. The sentiment is from Half Pint Heros also by Waltzingmouse Stamps.


Here's my 'large' bookmark! I added some silky crush ribbon from The Ribbon Reel to the top to act as the marker, the bookmark is backed with pink dotty paper. I added a little double bow made from white seam binding.


Inside the card I just added the simple Friend of Mine sentiment from The Crafts Meow. You can see the tail of the bookmark on the left.


Ok, that's it, I'll be back in the morning with my Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge card! See you then!!

Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, Webster's Pages, pink dotty paper
Stamps: Bitty Banners, Half Pint Heroes from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Memento Ink Angel Pink, black archival ink
Other: Swiss dots embossing folder, die-cutting machine, pink silky crush ribbon, white seam binding, sewing machine, buttons, acrylic paints,  white lace.

11 comments

  1. This is so beautiful, Clare. Your painting is stunning and the ribbons just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, an excellent idea with a superb result!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful! That image is amazing and I love the bookmark idea! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Clare ... what a lovely gift ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a fabulous card. I love how simple the colors are, but how all of the colors tie in so well with Little Claire Hugs, dj

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you drew and painted this image! It is absolutely stunningly gorgeous! I rarely visit the blogs of challenge winners but I had to leave a comment for you because I loved your card so much! The way you attached the bookmark is genius! I'm always trying to find good ways to add bookmarks to card fronts. One of my favourites is to add a flap on the back with magnets and attach it to the top of the card just like it would attach to a book page. Let me know if you want the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card!
    Can you tell me how you made the bow?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Margee, the bow is just a normal bow with another bow tied across the centre. So just two bows. I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.