itty bitty cards!

Saturday, April 2, 2011


Hello! I hope you're enjoying the weekend. It's raining... a LOT here! The garden will GROW! I have a few seedlings in trays peeping there heads up. I can't believe it's April already!! So much to do in the garden. I've a few flowers here that don't need any looking after... the fabric kind! This week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge is to create some little cards. Here's the sketch (WMSC41). I went pretty literal!


I stumbled upon a tutorial on how to make these cute little flowers but do you think I can find the link. I just copied and pasted some of the tutorial photos into a folder for reference later but I can't find the site. As soon as I do I'll add the link here. Sorry!


So, I had some nice lemon eyelet fabric that I used to make the flowers. All you need is five two inch squares for each flower. They're really quick... easier than Kanzashi! (Yes a tutorial would be handy!) I added a double button centre. For the leaves I used Bitty Banners by Waltzingmouse Stamps stamped in VersaMagic Tea Leaves and just pinched the ends. The background paper is a digital paper and I also embossed some white card with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. The green twine is from The Ribbon Reel.


I used a different sentiment on each card stamped on a double ended tag. The sentiments are from Frame-It by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I added some matching green brads to the ends.


I love this color combo, nice n' fresh. As you can see I'm a bit dotty about dots at the moment!! : ) Don't forget to check out the amazing creations from the rest of the Mischief Makers and some of the WMS DT at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. Enjoy the rest of the day! : )

Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, blue polka dots digi paper
Stamps: Bitty Banners and Frame-It both from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: VersaMagic Tea Leaves, Black Archival Ink
Other: Lemon eyelet lace fabric, sewing machine, die-cutting machine, Spellbinders double ended tag dies, Swiss Dots embossing folder, green twine, buttons, green brads, sticky fixers.

16 comments

  1. These are so pretty Clare ... I love little cute cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare these are just so sweet, I just adore the fabric flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare, your cards are beautiful. I love the embossed background and that you used tiny banners as leaves. Awesome.
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! Would love to see how the flowers are made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card, really like the pale yellow of the flower and stitching work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clare these cards are gorgeous! I love how you used those bitty banners as leaves. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such sweet little note cards. Love the spring flower on each one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now aren't these just the cutest little cards?! The colors are perfect for Spring and those leaves are fabulous - how clever of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant idea for the leaf. Ingenious. Would love it if you showed us how to make the flower too. Please.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These little cards are so sweet, Clare. Such cute flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Small cards. great job, fabulous choice of colors:) I love every piece and bit of these beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything is so sweet! Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the fabric flowers and the sentiment tags with the brads are perfect additions! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those pretty flowers! These are so delicate and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful! Thank you for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.