A little embossing...

Saturday, April 23, 2011


Finally a card! I love this week's sketch (WMSC44) at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge, it's a great layout with the chance to do a little embossing, heat or dry. I opted for dry embossing with an embossing folder on some Prima botanical paper and then lightly sanded. I love that technique. Here's the sketch.


The colors are inspired by this week's color challenge at Color Combos Galore, inspiration board #189. I love the colors but my Robin's Egg turned out a little more green than blue. Oh well. You also had to add a little shimmer.


I used Text-It by Waltzingmouse Stamps to stamp the background at the top. The label is from Holiday Labels No.14 stamped in peach and the edges rubbed in a light pink. The sentiment is from Fancy Phrases also Waltzingmouse Stamps.


I did add a bit of shimmer to the embossing by rubbing a pearl powder over the top, I'm not sure if you can see it in the photo, it's a bit hard to capture! The embossing folder is called Cottage Floral and it's by Craft Concepts.


Don't forget to check out the amazing creations from the rest of the Mischief Makers and some of the WMS DT at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.


I hope you have a wonderful easter. We're off for a picnic in a nearby forest park this afternoon, there's a lovely lake with some swans and ducks waiting to be fed some bread! Have a lovely day!

Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, Prima Botanical papers
Stamps: Fancy Phrases, Holiday Labels No.14, Text-It all Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Memento Angel Pink, VersaMagic Persimmon, Black Archival Ink
Other: Pearl powder, Die Cutting Machine, sewing machine, lace, white seam binding, pink buttons, Cottage floral embossing folder, Spellbinders Labels 14.

19 comments

  1. Happy Easter Clare! :)
    WOW, I love your interpreatation of the sketch, totally amazing! Lovely colours, and I totally ADORE the lace and the buttons with the bows. GORGEOUS! :)

    hugs,
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, a wonderful colour combo, and I love the ruffled lace trim. Happy Easter xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Clare. Gorgeous colour combo and I just love the lace.

    Have a great Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this embossed card ... So pretty and your colours are lovely ... I like the shimmer to the pretty green paper too .. Have a lovely Easter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful card, love the colors and the beautiful stamp!

    Happy Easter weekend and hugs,

    Corine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the shimmer is just perfect with that embossing folder! LOVE how you have added the lace, and used spectrum stamping for the sentiment border! Gorgeous card, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very very pretty Clare! I love the two toned color in your label!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the 'sherbert' colors are so pretty on your card Clare! love the sanded embossing and pretty lace!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always, your card looks AMAZING, Clare. I love how you always create such elegant and feminine cards.
    Happy Easter!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Clare. Those are some of my favourite colours and I love your layout. The shimmer shows up well, too x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I can see the shimmer on the embossed area. Love the idea and will have to try that with some 'unused' pearl powders laying around here. Very pretty color combo too. Have a very Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty, Clare! I love the colors and that embossing folder is beautiful! I love the two buttons/bows on either side!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely stunning Clare!!! I've always loved your work. This is just perfect! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A little embossing turned out a little piece of heaven. Clare it;s amazing; so gorgeous..sigh...
    Have a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Clare, what a beautiful card! The shimmer and the lace - so subtle!
    And I l o v e your peach/pink sentiment - I´ve bi-coloured roses in these colours in my garden - soo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful, Clare. Robin Egg Blue or a bit green ... I think you matched the color combination perfectly! So soft and utterly elegant ... I'm smitten. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is so beautiful and sweet: I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is SO beautiful, the lace, the pretty patterns, the embossing, all just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.