Sending Sunshine

Monday, April 4, 2011


We could do with some sunshine here today, it was dull, wet and windy! I love this daffodil digi from Paper Garden Projects it's part of the Spring Blooms 2 Digital Stamp Set, now available at The Digichick!! I painted it with acrylic paints.



I used this week's Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #5 as my starting point, I did have to move the bow over a little to fit my sentiment in!! 


The sentiment is from the same set Spring Blooms 2 Digital Stamp Set. I just added it to a die cut tag. I distressed the edges with some Distress Ink in antique linen. The fab ribbons and twine are from The Ribbon Reel.


The background is stamped with Text-It from Waltzingmouse Stamps in lemon yellow. Papers are from October Afternoon The Thrift Shop and 7Gypsies Conservatory Collection. Enjoy the rest of the day!

Supplies:

Card/Paper: White card, October Afternoon The Thrift Shop, 7Gypsies Conservatory Collection
Stamps: Spring Blooms 2 Digital Stamp Set by Paper Garden Projects, Text-It from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Impress Ink Lemon Yellow, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen
Other: Green twill ribbon, yellow gingham, twine, fabric brad, sewing machine, tag die, die-cutting machine, sticky fixers, button.

10 comments

  1. Oh my word - that is simply beautiful! Amazing work Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that you painted those daffodils with acrylics! ... truly amazing ... brilliant job ... you are so talented

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful Clare. You certainly are a dab hand with those acrylics. Just impressive. I also love your particular color choices as well to infuse a bit of welcomed sunshine while remaining so natural and not Larry. So pretty Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Clare this is GORGEOUS!!! SO Spring like for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how pretty! A very happy and spring-like card. Beautiful coloring on the flowers. We sure could use the sunshine here too. Snow was covering the ground this morning! At least my daffodils are not up out of the ground yet. But sure looking forward to seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, Clare, this card truly sent me sunshine this foggy morning, what a masterpiece creation! Love the happy, gorgeous colours and your design is as always wonderful. Breathtaking card, sweetie!
    hugs,
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous springtime card, Clare. I love to work with acrylics, they blend so nicely and you've done a great job x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Очень красиво и стильно !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another stunner from you, Clare! I love the daffodils, the pairing of yellow & green, and the awesome little strip of DP on the tag :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your painting is amazing; these daffodils look so real; you did a fantastic job! It;s the kind of card that cheers me up and makes me smile. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.