sweet cupcake!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011


**** My card WON CUP OF THE WEEK at The Play Date Cafe!! Delighted!! : ) ***

We had a great Easter, it was nice to spend some quality time with family! We had a wonderful picnic in a nearby forest park on Saturday... there's a few pics at the end of this post! Ok, I managed to squeeze in some late night crafting last night and here's the result! The colors (which I just couldn't resist! they're Cath Kidston inspired) are from this week's color challenge (PDCC78) at The Play Date Cafe.


The sketch I used is from Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #8. I substituted the butterfly with a cupcake!


For the sentiment I used Half Pint Heroes by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I made the label using one of the stamps from Bitty Banners, I just inked up the ends and stamped either end to make up the label. I'm so glad I use clear stamps I'd have no chance of lining up the ends otherwise!!


The stars I stamped on the cupcake are also from Bitty Banners by Waltzingmouse Stamps, I embossed them in white.


For the cupcake I just drew a simple cupcake shape and paper-pieced the sections, I added a little stitching for interest. Here's a few photos from our picnic!


There's a fabulous lake at Curraghchase, it was such a fabulous day, not too hot, just perfect for a picnic!


Isabelle had a great time feeding the swans and ducks with daddy! (Shh, don't tell him I posted a pic of him!)


There were beautiful old trees, I love the dappled light through the leaves.


Oh and there were lots of pretty bluebells... white ones too, which I'd never seen before!


Isabelle saw lots of butterflies, this is the only one that would stay still long enough for me to take a photo!!


Isabelle insisted on folding the picnic blanket up neatly!!


She did a good job!!


Of course no visit to the park would be complete without a swing on the tyre swing!! Oh and an ice cream on the way home!! : ) I hope you had a lovely Easter too!


17 comments

  1. Yummy looking card, Clare. Love the colours, and paper piecing looks great!

    Lovely to see pictures of you and your family enjoying a great time together over the Easter hols x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful family photos ... what a great day!! Happy Easter to you too, my sweet stampy friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card Clare! Love the addition of the stitching... thanks for joining in the fun at the Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clare, you always turn out such gorgeous creations, and this one is no exception! THese look like 'Clare' colors. :) I'm so happy you came to play with us at The Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and lovely pictures ... I love looking at pictures ... TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cupcake is so pretty; love the stitching you added to it! The entire card is just LOVELY! Looks like you had a perfect day for a picnic :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photos are wonderful. Ireland is on our wishlist for a vacation :)

    And your card? Fabulous! I think I see a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet card! What a wonderful way to spend the day! I had a wonderful vacation in Ireland and miss it so!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures, Clare! TFS! And your card is darling! LOVE all that stitching and texture! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable cupcake! You've really captured the essence of the inspiration photo! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dare I say ... Good enough to eat?! Just fabulous! I adore your freestyle cuppie in those colours which are absolutely delish. Adore the happy snaps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet and pretty cupcake card! Love all the details. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe! Great photos, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clare~ Your card is so sweet {literally} ; )
    I so appreciate each time you play with us in The Cafe and I also wanted you to know how much I LoVe your projects in Cardmaking & Papercraft Magazine...I spend $10 for each issue as an import and always look forward to seeing you there! Totally worth it!
    Congrats on 200 followers too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. And I am right; you won :)!!!!!!
    Congrats; it's so well deserved. This card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Clare, your card is magnificent! I'm a sucker for the double-ended banners lately, and I love how you placed the doily over the cupcake. SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmmm... looks delicious!
    Now I'm hungry :D:D

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.