WMSC42

Saturday, April 9, 2011


Wow we had a warm day yesterday (for Ireland in April!), it reached 21°C and it was too hot to do any gardening until later in the day. So I gave Isabelle's summer/play house a spring clean... vacuum cleaned to get rid of any lurking spiders (for Isabelle's peace of mind), mopped the floor, gave everything a wipe down, put back up her little polka dot blind and cafe curtains. A bit tired after all that cleaning we sat back on her day bed and enjoyed some homemade ice pops (it's a sneaky and tasty way of getting some extra fruit into her, it's just pureed fruit, fruit juice and a little sugar syrup!) Ok... back to the card! I love this week's sketch (WMSC42) at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. Open to interpretation. Can't wait to see your cards, I'm always inspired by what everyone comes up with. Here's the sketch!


For the background I used Victorian Frippery by Waltzingmouse Stamps, I've been neglecting this set a bit, I forgot what a fabulous background it makes. Here I stamped it in VersaMagic Sage.


I used Bitty Banners by Waltzingmouse Stamps for the little tags stamped using VersaMagic Magnolia Bud, I had a little bit of card stamped with the Victorian Frippery that I trimmed from the main background and stamped it with the Bitty Banner stamp, I liked the result, ties it in nicely. The sentiment is from Frame-It also Waltzingmouse Stamps.



For the embellishment I used a silicone mold (from Etsy) and some white fimo, once it was baked I added a simple acrylic paint wash in a creamy brown and dabbed off the excess paint with a paper towel. I loved the effect, it brings out all the detail in the mold nicely. I think it has an almost vintage ivory look to it!


The embellishment is layered on a flower from a trim. The pearl trinket pin I made and I added a crystal topped pin too. I don't know if you can see them but I added a few feathers behind the flower. There's some amazing creations for you to feast your eyes upon at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge from the rest of the Mischief Makers and some of the WMS DT.

A little pic of herself, happy as Larry in her clean house! And spider free!! : ) I did post a few more pics of her house last year when we made it, here's the link if you want a peek!! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!! We're planning a picnic with nana on Sunday, here's hoping it stays dry!



Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, cream card, Crate Paper The Portrait Collection
Stamps: Bitty Banners, Frame-It, Victorian Frippery from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: VersaMagic Sage and Magnolia Bud, Black archival ink
Other: White Fimo Soft, silicone mold, acrylic paint, flower trim, trinket pins, sewing machine, crochet lace, beige feathers.

20 comments

  1. Clare this is just so gorgeous!! Love the soft, pretty colours and your BG paper is lovely. I think that embellishment is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corgeous card! love the natural colors you used.That cameo is just fabulous. What a wonderful house does Isabelle own I think every little girl is dreaming about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Just came back from the house post. It is every girl's dream!!! Fantastic!

    And card is very gentle and sweet. Looking at your plays with fimo and mold I want to try it more and more!
    Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous (do I say that for all your cards lol), I love love love that mould, its fabulous, and the colour of it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card Clare ... the frippery background is perfect ... and what a beautiful little house ... how I wished I had one of these when I was little ... would love one now as a matter of fact!! and little Isabelle is adorable .. look at those curls!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clare, your card is beautiful! Love the soft color scheme, the embossing, lace...okay. I Love everything about this card.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make the most exquisite creations Clare, I absolutely love your cameo, I can't believe you made it!
    Seriously stunning Clare,
    Love Sarita xx
    PS: I would love a house like Isabelle's!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So amazing Clare! Your cards are so inspiring and romantic and the molded fimo? AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card and your trinket pin. I just started to make my own pins, too. Love your daughter's sweet little house. I'm with her as far as spiders are concerned. I have been known not to go in a room where I saw one until someone kills it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is stunning, I love that gorgeous cameo nestled on the fabric flower, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clare, this is GORGEOUS!!! I love the photo of your little one too. Adorable!! Happy Easter break! I hope you have fun with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Clare!
    Oh, what a fabulous card again! The cameo is sooo pretty - can hardly believe you made this one with a mold... great!!!
    Love the pic of your sweet daughter!! Her house is gorgeous! I can understand, that she want it spider-free :-)
    Thanks for sharing these pretties with us!
    Hugs,
    Ulina
    Thanks for your very nice comment on my last post!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this Clare. It's very vintage looking. Lovely picture of Isabelle, sat sweetly in her cute little house.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Card!! I was looking into getting some molds so that I can make some cabochons also. Your cabochon is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, so beautiful, love your feminine touch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing! This is so beautiful and elegant!!!
    Love everything!

    Hugs, Corine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous, Clare! LOVE your neutral color tones and all those stunning embellishments and stitched edges! Yummy! And what a darling pic of your little gal! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Claire

    Gorgeous card love the background stamp and that embellie is just gorgeous. Also took a peek at Isabelle's little garden house - oh so cute - she has very talented parents!

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Clare your card is a peace of heaven; I'm speechless. ( And yes; into my favorite folder it goes!)
    I also clicked on the link to Isabella's play/summer house....in fact you should say castle;)..... it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.