WMSC43... cheery flowers!

Saturday, April 16, 2011


It's been a busy week! I'm glad it's the weekend. The weather looks good for the next few days, nice n' sunny and warm too! We'll be in the garden, lots to do!! So, here's my card for this week's sketch (WMSC43) at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. Here's the sketch, I like this one!

I used the colors from this week's Color Throwdown #137, I love this color combo, really cheerful!



I used Very Vintage Labels No.18 by Waltzingmouse Stamps for the label, embossed in white. The sentiment is from Fancy Phrases. I recycled an old cardboard box to make the label!


For the gingham flowers I stamped the large gingham pennant from Vintage Banners by Waltzingmouse Stamps in yellow a few times and die cut some flowers using the Tattered Florals die. I love the pattern, I added some velvet brads to the centers.


I added a little more gingham under the flower in the form of a bow. The little teal crochet flower is from Annie Design at Etsy. I added the button to the centre.


The leaves I made using the dotty heart from the Sweethearts set by Waltzingmouse Stamps. Here's how I made them, they're very quick n' easy!


Stamp your heart in chosen color, cut along the centre about three quarters of the way.


Overlap the sides, you can completely overlap them for a narrower leaf or just slightly overlap for a wider leaf shape.


Glue down and pinch slightly along the centre. There you have a simple leaf shape from a heart!


The background is embossed using the swiss dots embossing folder and rubbed with a yellow ink pad. Ok, don't forget to visit the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge to see the amazing creations from the ladies! Have a great weekend!! : )

Supplies:

Card/Paper: White card, blue dots digi paper
Stamps: Fancy Phrases, Vintage Banners, Very Vintage Labels No.18, Sweetheart all from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Impress Ink Lemon Yellow, Black archival ink, VersaMark, VersaMagic Tea Leaves
Other: Spellbinders Labels 18, die cutting machine, sewing machine, swiss dots embossing folder, crochet flower,  white embossing powder, heat gun, gingham ribbon, twine.

19 comments

  1. Beautiful Clare, I love the cheery colours and fab flowers, and the leaves are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, Clare! Love how you made those leaves out of the hearts!!! The gingham flowers are making my heart feel light :) And the yellow...ohhh, my favorite color!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea for the leaves Clare! this is so pretty with the soft spring colors and lovely flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful spring-like card! Lovely colors. Gingham always reminds me of warm weather. Thanks for the tip on making leaves from hearts too! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clare, you're such a busy little bee, I can't keep up with you - LOL!
    This is such a sweet card. Love the flowers and colours used - Thank you for a the heart to leaf tutorial, too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, cheery card to brighten a chilly, rainy day we are having here! Love the tip on making leaves from a heart shape!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can never go wrong with gingham and polka dots :). I love the fresh and crisp look of this card and the vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant use of the gingham pennant and the heart leaves are amazing! Love this, Clare!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pretty colors and cheerful flowers make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clare!!! Sweetie, you've done it again! You've totally took my breath away with this masterpiece! So lovely. Love the ribbon, and your leaves are gorgeous! Thanks for the tutorial, you always inspire me! :)

    hugs from Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. SQUEAL!!!!!!! Gingham flowers!!! Heart Leaves - you genius!!! such fabby ideas!!! sooo going to do this - gorgeous card too!! Clare, you're a star!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a bright and sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. so beautiful and sweet, thanks for sharing
    thank you for visiting my blog. Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the colours on this card and the crochet flower, might have to go shopping for some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty and cheerful card ... love the crochet flowers mixed with the paper ones ... lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It snowed here today but your card cheered me right up! Love it! And thanks for sharing the leaves - you are soooo clever! How do you always amaze us?!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Claire! How clever!!! I love the leaves you have made and the flowers. Your card is fantabulous! What a wonderful creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a sweet, sweet card! Love the sunny yellow. And what a clever way to create leaves with some dimension!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.