Birthday hugs...

Tuesday, May 31, 2011


I was in the mood for some cheery colors and I just recently received some fab papers in the post (mail). I love the floral papers in Crate Paper's Emma's Shoppe. I picked out the pink and stamped some polka dotty paper to match using Gingham & Co from Waltzingmouse Stamps. I used this week's sketch 117 from Card Patterns as my starting point.


The cute bird stamp is from 7gypsies, it's called Victoria, it's a really nice set with music sheet birds, separate crowns and branches.


The text is from Say it Loud by Waltzingmouse Stamps, I cut it out, just following the edge, giving a small rim. I used some letter brads to spell out the word 'hugs'. I used one of the fab large doilies from Dainty Dolies - Large set to stamp over my paper doily... is that too many doilies!! : ) The fab yellow polka dot ribbon is from The Ribbon Reel. Don't forget to play along with the sketch challenge this week, there's a fab prize of ribbons, baker's twine, lace and flowers, check it out at The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog.


The scalloped edge is stamped using Crafty Secrets - Arty Banner on some Emma's Shoppe Paper, then cut out. The bottom section is embossed using Swiss Dots embossing folder. I like how this one turned out... chirpy! : ) I'll be back tomorrow with a flower tutorial for that fabric flower I made the other day using wired ribbon!

Supplies:


Card/Paper: Emma's Shoppe Crate Paper, white card, lemon card
Stamps: Gingham & Co, Dainty Doilies - Large and Say it Loud by Waltzingmouse Stamps, Crafty Secrets - Arty Banner and 7gypsies Victoria
Ink: Impress Lemon Yellow, Memento Rose Bud, Black Archival Ink
Other: Buttons, doilies, sewing machine, brads, swiss dots ribbon from the ribbon reel, swiss dots embossing folder, die-cutting machine, hot pink grosgrain.

6 comments

  1. Love this card, Clare; I'm officially going on the hunt for those bird stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely colours and beautifully done ... love the bird

    ReplyDelete
  3. chirpy indeed; fantastic cheery colors, love the bird and the letter brads. Too many doilies you ask ??? ah, come on, you know the answer to that LOL...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty card and lovely colour choices x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! Love this bright colors combo. So glad you could join us this week on Card Patterns!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.