Card Patterns - Sketch 113

Friday, May 6, 2011


Another fabulous sketch at Card Patterns this week, I love this layout!! The colors I used are from Color Combos Galore inspiration board #190, I missed the deadline due to "broadband issues"!!


Here's the pretty color combo, I love these together. Very soft and calming!



The big butterfly die is from Marianne Design. You might have noticed I've become a bit addicted to these pretty flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, I love the movement in the petals.


I used a section from Very Vintage Labels 18 by Waltzingmouse Stamps to stamp the label, the sentiment is from Fancy Phrases. There is a little mini clothes peg clipped to the tag, I painted it with some white paint.


I embossed the blue paper using In Stitches embossing folder and lightly sanded the top. I used the Swiss dots embossing folder on the semi-circle section at the top.


I'll have a couple of cards for you tomorrow, one for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge and I'm guest designer for the month of May at Just Us Girls Challenge! I'm so delighted they asked me, it's a great challenge blog with a very talented DT. See you then!

Supplies:

Card/Paper: Blue paper, green paper, lemon card, white card
Stamps: Very Vintage Labels 18 and Fancy Phrases from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: VersaMagic Tea Leaves, black archival ink
Other: Die-cutting machine, Marianne Design butterfly, Sizzix scallop tags, Swiss dots embossing folder, In Stitches embossing folder, twine, mini clothes peg, white paint, sewing machine, ribbon, lemon seam binding, pearls, flower from Wild Orchid Crafts.



8 comments

  1. Wow! This is an incredibly beautiful card and that Butterfly is so intricate and amazing! Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Clare, I have that die cut, and never know what to do with it! You have inspired me to dig it out and have a play :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire

    Totally gorgeous! Have a great weekend.

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card! Such a beautiful flower and butterlfly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sigh, this is simply stunning, Claire! I love the delicate butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card and that butterfly is so gorgeous to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is totally gorgeous Clare! I love all the shabby details! Thank you for playing with us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.