Celebrate

Wednesday, May 25, 2011


I made this card yesterday morning, I didn't get a chance to post it until now because we had a 'window' in the weather. It was sunny and dry all day, we haven't had a nice settled day for a few weeks and it's back to gales and rain today! We got a good bit done in the garden and Isabelle got a chance to play outside. Back to the card, the colors and sketch are from The Color Room #59.


Here's the pretty sketch. I flipped the sketch for my card.


The papers I used are from Butterfly Garden by Pink Paislee and Laura Ashley. I recycled some cardboard for the label. The decorative panel on the label embossed in white is from Very Vintage Labels No.18 by Waltzingmouse Stamps, (I masked the lines in the centre of the stamp.)


The sentiment is from Say it Loud by Waltzingmouse Stamps and the text on the tag is from the same set. I distressed the edges of the label with some white paint.


The little fimo bird I made using a silicone mold from Etsy. There's lots of different molds available.


The pretty flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. The lace is from the same store but I dyed it with some lemon ink. The pearl trinket pin I made.


We all really enjoyed the visit of President Obama on Monday to Ireland, they looked like they enjoyed themselves and they really gave the people of Ireland a lift. The Queen's visit last week was wonderful too. She was also given a very warm welcome. Hopefully all the positivity will help turn things around for the country!

Supplies:

Card/Paper: White card, cardboard, Butterfly Garden by Pink Paislee, Laura Ashley, doily
Stamps: Very Vintage Labels No.18, Say it Loud by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: VersaMark, Archival Ink Coffee
Other: Spellbinders Labels 18, Fimo clay, silicone mold, white embossing powder, heat gun, die-cutting machine, sewing machine, lace, cream silky crush ribbon, buttons, trinket pins, twine, peach seam binding, sticky fixers, flowers, white paint.

10 comments

  1. A beautiful card. I love your fimo bird it's exauisite.

    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Clare! I love your little fimo bird. Off now to check out Etsy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Love the pretty flower accent and always love the lace! Pretty color challenge and great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the colors and embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Clare! Love the little bird, and the beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wauw, this is so pretty! Love the soft colors and that gorgeous flowers! The sentiment in white on kraft looks great and that bird is a cutie!! Great card, Clare! Good to hear you enjoyed all the 'high visitors' ;-)
    Wishing you a lovely day!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card ... Very chic! love how you do this style

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Clare!
    Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog - I always love to hear from you! :-)
    Sorry for commenting so rarely in the last few days - I have so many things to do (our terrace is under construction) and so little time - sooorry!

    It´s always such a pleasure to stop by your blog! Your cards are sooo beautiful!
    I wish sometimes that I could express my self better in English, so that I could tell you how gorgeous they are - it would be much easier in German ;-)

    So this one is a masterpiece again - I love the romantic touch because of the soft colours, the lace and the flower... *sigh* so beautiful!

    Many hugs from a sunny, hot Vienna!
    Ulina

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card. The colour palette is rather fabulous. It's not a combination I see too often and that makes it so refreshing. The molded bird is awesome. Are they quick to make? Very inspiring card. I've been battling the weather too. Not much has been conducive to good pics here either. Well done for seizing the perfect moment.

    What a hoot about the Obamas. So cool. To be a fly on the wall. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.