CR84FN26

Friday, May 6, 2011


We've had no broadband since Wednesday!! There's something wrong with the mast in our area. It seems to be taking forever to fix. I had to come to my mom's house to do some scheduled blog posts. SO here's one of the cards I did during the week. I love the color challenge this week at CR84FN, very sunny colors!


I was in a bit of an experimental mood and the photo of the beeswax reminded me I had some sheets of beeswax in my craft box, SO.... I made some beeswax flowers!!


I used the Sizzix Tattered Florals die to cut out the flowers, it worked well but I tried it with some Spellbinders dies and it didn't work so well, beeswax pancakes!! The wax flowers were easy to shape with the heat of my hands. I had a yellow crystal brad that matched pretty well. I added some corrugated cardboard rubbed with white ink for the leaves.


The label is from Very Vintage Labels 18 by Waltzingmouse Stamps. The fabulous sentiment is from the Friend of Mine stamp set from The Craft's Meow designed by Claire Brennan. I used the butterfly from the same set to stamp the background, I embossed it in white.


I made a matching, slightly bigger (too big for a card!) flower, I could use it to decorate a gift to go with the card.


I did have fun playing!! : ) I love how they're translucent. So pretty. Ok, I've a few more blog posts to do!! I'll be glad when the broadband is back working.

Supplies:


Card/Paper: Yellow card, white card
Stamps: Friend of Mine stamp set from The Craft's Meow, Very Vintage Labels 18 by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink:VersaMark, Impress Lemon Yellow, Black archival ink, white ink
Other: White embossing powder, heat gun, pom-pom trim, crochet lace, sewing machine, die-cutting machine, Spellbinders Labels 18, beeswax sheet, crystal brad, tattered florals die, corrugated cardboard, tulle.

11 comments

  1. Amazing! I haven't ever had the pleasure of bees wax flowers before. Simply stunning. Nor have I ever seen a bees wax pancake. Lol. Might be the perfect embellie for a breakfast card. Now that I just might pay to see. ;-). What a pain about your broadband. I hope you're cooking with gas now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you never cease to amaze with your talent ... another stunner Clare

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare, LOVE LOVE LOVE the beeswax flower and the label! FAB pom poms, too! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Clare, I never heard of beeswax sheets!! But wow, what a fantastic embellishment it made, and the card is stunning.

    On another note, how frustrating to not have internet access for 3 days, I hope they sort it out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I've never seen a beeswax flower! I think they would make pretty pins to wear, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Clare! LOVE your beeswax flower.. SO creative and wonderful! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THis looks terrific, I didn't realise that bees wax came on sheets, mmm may have to look for some lol, Your card looks great, nice and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clare - this is just wonderful. I love the beeswax flowers - they glisten and must smell fab too! The sentiment is lovely. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    Do hope the internet is sorted out soon - I know what it's like to be without ;(

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty Clare! Love that textured flower embellishment! Thanks so much for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Clare and how clever to use beeswax for your flower! The last photo really captures the beauty! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a stunning flower, so creative!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.