Fun flowers!

Saturday, May 7, 2011


*** If you're here for the JUGS challenge card scroll down to the next post! ***

Lots of stamping going on here! An interesting sketch this week at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge, it took me a while to come up with something. Here's the sketch! (WMSC46)


I was hoping my new doily stamps would arrive but I'm glad they didn't now. I took the time to look at some of my old sets and played around with some of the elements to come up with these flowers!!


I used one of the larger circles from Teeny Trees by Waltzingmouse Stamps for the centres, I added some foam pads for extra dimension. The leaves are made using one of the tree shapes from the same stamp set. The petals are actually the pine cone stamp from Around Christmastime! I made two layers and cut them out, I shaped the petals of the top layer slightly.


The background is stamped using Text-It in Angel Pink. The label is Spellbinders Grommet Tags, I love the shape of this one! The sentiment is from Half Pint Heroes, the font in this set is perfect for fun and cute cards.


I had to add the pink background when I was taking the photos, the card just disappeared against the white!! Don't forget to check out the amazing creations from the rest of the Mischief Makers and some of the WMS DT at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. Have a lovely weekend! : )

Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card
Stamps: Teeny Trees, Around Christmastime, Half Pint Heroes, Text-It all from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Memento Rose Bud, VersaMagic Tea Leaves, Impress Lemon Yellow, Black archival ink
Other: Swiss dots embossing folder, die-cutting machine, Spellbinders Grommet Tags, green brads, foam pads, sewing machine.

9 comments

  1. You are just TOO clever Clare! I love the beautiful flowers you created from the pine cone stamp! What a lot of cutting!! The subtle text background is wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Petals made from pinecones!! How ultra clever, and oh so gorgeous!! LOVE your pretty flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire, this is just genius!!!! Jimminy!!! WOW! WOW! WOW! I am in awe!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clare, I was absolutely STUNNED when I saw this beautiful card...blossoms out of those pinecones and teeny trees, just PERFECT! So cheery and colorful, amazing job with this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are GORGEOUS! So is your sentiment panel. What a great way to use the Tiny Tree and the Pine cone stamps. Wonderful card!

    Happy Mother's Day Weekend!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! These are so incredible!!! I really love the way they pop off the card.
    Hugs,
    antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and flower awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Clare, love the flowers, I did actually think they were made using the new doily stamps! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.