Just Us Girls Guest Designer

Saturday, May 14, 2011


Apologies for being absent and for not being able to return comments, we still have no broadband, that's 8 days now, thanks 3!  A problem with the mast in our area according to the Indian call centre but they can't tell us when it'll be working again!! Unbelievable!! I guess we're not a priority because we live in a rural area, I've heard service in Co.Donegal was down for nearly two weeks, so I'm not holding my breath as to when we'll get our broadband back!! Sorry for the rant but it's very frustrating. I'm at my mom's at the moment, scheduling several blog posts!!!


Ok, I'm really enjoying being Guest Designer at Just Us Girls Challenge, this week's challenge #84 is a really cool technique - 'Kissing with a twist', here's the link to the tutorial. I used the large polka dot stamp from Gingham & Co by Waltzingmouse Stamps and stamped a little flower (from Marianne Design) in pink onto the polka dot stamp and gave it a little twist, then stamped the whole thing. I loved this technique, I'll definitely be trying it again! That pretty lace die is from Marianne Design.


The sentiment is from Say it Loud by Waltzingmouse Stamps, this is another really cool set, I just love that font, really gorgeous!! The pink and white baker's twine is from The Ribbon Reel.


I love how this one turned out! Now don't forget to visit the Just Us Girls Challenge to see the wonderful creations from the design team!!

Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, blue paper from stash, cream card
Stamps: Gingham & Co., Say it Loud from Waltzingmouse Stamps, Marianne Design Stamps ECO121
Ink: Memento Rose Bud, Black Archival Ink, VersaMagic Sage
Other: Marianne Design lace border die LRO161, die-cutting machine, sewing machine, pink and white baker's twine, white seam binding, yellow polka dot ribbon, button.

6 comments

  1. Such a beautiful card Clare! Hope your Broadband gets sorted soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is STUNNING Clare!!! I LOVE your polka dot pattern and flower combo - what an absolutely BEAUTIFUL take on the technique!!! WOWZAS!!! LOVE the softness of this card! GORGEOUS! We love having you as our guest designer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a soft beautiful feminine twist on this weeks challenge Clare! Love the colors and the stitched border!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These soft and subtle - almost powdered - colors are my favorites. Gorgeous Clare; as ususal :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.