Just Us Girls Guest Designer

Saturday, May 21, 2011


I'm loving my guest design spot with Just Us Girls Challenge, it's definitely encouraging me to step outside my comfort zone. This week's challenge is a color challenge, RAINBOW (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, plus neutrals!) that's a whole lot of color!! Luckily I had some rainbow ribbon!


For the label I used Spellbinders Labels 14 die to cut out some green felt. I used Holiday Labels No.14 by Waltzingmouse Stamps for the smaller label. I masked the edges of the label when I stamped the little sun motifs from Half Pint Heros by Waltzingmouse Stamps. The polka dot background is stamped with Gingham & Co.


The sunshine text is also from Half Pint Heros. The fab birthday sentiment that I cut out is from Say it Loud by Waltzingmouse Stamps. The top half of the background is stamped with Text-It.


I've had those big yellow buttons in my stash for a while, they seemed to fit with this bold card!! : ) Don't forget to check out the fabulous creations from the Just Us Girls design team, they're sure to inspire you. I'll be back later with the new sketch from the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge and my card!

Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card
Stamps: Say it Loud, Gingham & Co, Text-It, Holiday Labels No.14, Half Pint Heroes all Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Impress Lemon Yellow, Ink It Up True Red, Memento Danube Blue, Black Archival Ink
Other: Spellbinders Labels 14, sewing machine, green felt, yellow buttons, sewing machine. die-cutting machine, foam pads, rainbow ribbon.

7 comments

  1. This is amazing, Clare! What a perfect ribbon for this challenge! And I love how cleverly you used all the other stamps and elements in your card! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare! I love love LOVE, love love L-O-V-E your take on the rainbow color challenge! This is so bright and cheerful but still so "Clare" with that gorgeous shabby style of yours. Bravo girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous take on the challenge ... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so STUNNING Clare!!! The colors are fabulous and I love how you've cut out the birthday sentiment! Wonderful job with the colors GF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome birthday card! I love the rainbow ribbon you found and the bright, cheery colors:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful Clare! Your rainbow ribbon ties this beauty together so nicely! Love the stamps you used to decorate your labels and the cutout sunshine...sigh...

    Now I'm gonna go have a peek at these stamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clare - this is wonderful - you would never know it's outside your "comfort zone" - it's fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.