Paper Garden Projects - Spring Trees

Tuesday, May 3, 2011



I love this digital stamp set by Paper Garden Projects, it's called Spring Trees and it's available from The Digichick. Here I used the gorgeous Magnolia Tree blossom, I love Magnolia trees, they put on such a show. I'd love one in my garden!


I colored the blossoms with acrylic paints, I used a photo of a Magnolia blossom for reference. Before I cut it out I backed it with some light card, then I attached it to the card with foam pads. The sentiment is also from the Spring Trees Digital Stamp Set. You can barely see it but I did stamp the centre of the doily with a doily stamp a Stella & Rose Stamp Set by My Mind's Eye in a light pink!


The papers are from Butterfly Garden by Pink Paislee. I love this color combo of fresh greens and soft pinks. I didn't want to add too much more to the card because I really wanted the Magnolia blossoms to be the focus!

Isabelle went back to pre-school this morning after the Easter holidays! We had lots of fun but it's nice to have those few hours in the morning back to do some work!! The weather's back to 'normal' here, lots of rain, wind... spells of sunshine. The garden was really dry so I'm glad it's raining. There were bad gorse and forest fires in parts of the country, so we could do with the rain! Have a lovely day!

Supplies:


Card/Paper: Butterfly Garden by Pink Paislee, white card
Stamps: Spring Trees digital stamp set by Paper Garden Projects available at The Digichick, Stella & Rose doily stamps
Ink: Memento Ink Angel pink
Other: Doily, acrylic paints, sewing machine, foam pads.

10 comments

  1. Gorgeous!! I love the colours ... so fresh and what a lovely sentiment ... I ca see the lovely stamping on your doily too and your fussy cutting is amazing ... looks just like a magnolia branch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Какая нежная и воздушная открытка получилась! очень красиво!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnolias are so pretty aren't they, I'd love one in my garden too. Unfortunately, we don't have a garden where we live now. One day though....
    Another gorgeous card Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Pretty, love the soft colors and the beautiful doily you used!

    Hugs, Corine

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sweet!!
    Nati from Brazil
    http://natiquill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that fresh green and pink combo, too! Also love how you stamped the flowers on the doily!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty Clare! Those flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty and soft, Clare, a really lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty Clare, Lovely flowers, great cutting, and love the added stamping on the doily too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty, that digi stamp is lovely, and beautifully coloured.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.