Paper Lanterns

Wednesday, May 18, 2011


Still no broadband! (I'm at my mom's) I'm just sharing a project I have in the current issue (Issue 92) of Cardmaking & Papercraft Magazine (UK). I had to design a paper lantern with a summery theme. I didn't get a chance to photograph these before I sent them off, so these are shots from the magazine.


I made them using papers from the Prima Melody Collection. Two sides of each lantern have a pattered paper and the other two sides have a solid color with a cut out butterfly backed with vellum. They each have pretty trailing ribbon on them and some matching beads. There are photographed steps on how to make the lanterns in the magazine. So check out the current issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft Magazine, issue 92. Enjoy the rest of the week!

4 comments

  1. Your lanterns are gorgeous!!!!!!
    When I look at them I can feel and smell that it´s summer already :-)
    I love the way how you incorporated ribbons and pearls to your projects - and let me say: those butterfly-cut-outs embellished with some bling are the icing of the cake.
    They´re sooo beautiful!!!
    We´ve a lot of sunshine here today and I´m in a really good mood - so if I´d be in the city today, walking by a store that would have your lanterns - I´d buy them at any price ;-)
    Have you ever thought of opening a store?
    Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. STUNNING Clare! ... what a fantastic idea ... which of course I will pinch for my Thursday club ... I'm sure I can find a way that even they can make these ... thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare this post shows what I love about your blog. You are very talented and I love all the different projects you shown us on your blog. These lanterns make me sigh. They are perfect for a garden party. I think I scraplift them for oour upcoming 25th wedding anniversary party if you don't mind.
    They are absolutely fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are simply stunning, so pretty, and I knew they were your work when I saw them in the magazine!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.