The Ribbon Reel - brand new challenge blog!!

Monday, May 2, 2011



I'm delighted to be part of the design team for a fab new challenge blog - The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog! The challenges will be fortnightly and there'll be a fabulous prize of goodies from The Ribbon Reel shop up for grabs! So, the first challenge is a color challenge!!


A great color combo, I used just a touch of red on mine because I wanted to keep it light and bright! I LOVE that yellow swiss dot ribbon, it's so cheery!! The sentiment on the tag is from Fancy Phrases by Waltzingmouse Stamps.


The pretty flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I used the Swiss Dots embossing folder on a section of the paper and sanded the top lightly.


Papers are from Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden. The olive green twisted burlap cord is also from The Ribbon Reel along with the blue seam binding that's under the crochet lace. I also tied some yellow and white baker's twine around the card for some added texture!


Now, why not pop over to The Ribbon Reel Challenge blog for some inspiration from the rest of the design team! We'd love to see your creations and don't forget there'll be some goodies up for grabs!

Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden
Stamps: Fancy Phrases by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Ink it Up True Red, Burgundy
Other: Sewing machine, flowers, (crochet lace, swiss dots ribbon, twisted burlap cord, blue seam binding all from The Ribbon Reel), sticky fixers, swiss dots embossing folder, die-cutting machine, Sizzix Bigz die scalloped tags.

14 comments

  1. Wow, I love the blue and yellow ribbons together and now the seam binding is behind the crochet lace. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these colors! That touch of red is a surprise - thanks for showing how it can be incorporated! This new challenge site sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous as ever, my creative and shabby friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Clare! Love this color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty. Love how you used such pretty colors of ribbon all together and topped it with a beautiful flower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Clare! Love the layers, and the flower is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so beautiful!
    Delicate and romantic!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how I LOVE your creations!!!
    This card is a masterpiece again!
    I adore your feel for colors - if this was my card, I would have stamped the sentiment in blue and it would have been nice but boring. YOU stamped it in red - and WOW - just gorgeous!
    Have a fabulous week, Clare!
    Ulina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Clare ... will pop along and take a look ... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Clare.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.