The Ribbon Reel - Challenge #3

Monday, May 30, 2011



It's time for another new challenge at The Ribbon Reel, this time it's a sketch challenge. (Sketch by me, go easy on me it's my first one, I'm sure they'll get better!!) I decided to turn it on it's side... after the first card didn't work out. Anyway, here's the sketch!


The flower I made using some gorgeous Silky Crush wired ribbon in Champagne, I hadn't made these before. All you do to gather the ribbon is pull one of the wires in the wired edges. It gathers very easily, then I just rolled it around the centre, I added a few stitches by hand at the base as I went along. The centre is a vintage clip on earring. (I'll try and put a tutorial together if I find a minute!)


It is a large flower, it would make a nice topper for a gift too. The leaves (from Roses in Bloom by Waltzingmosue Stamps) I stamped onto some cream card with VersaMark ink and embossed in gold.


The sentiment is from Fancy Phrases by Waltzingmouse Stamps, again embossed in gold. The brown paper I embossed using the In Stitches embossing folder by Craft Concepts.


The script background paper is from 7Gypsies Conservatory Collection. The gorgeous Guipure Lace was white but I dyed it cream by spritzing it with pearl Glimmer mist (just to wet it really) and rubbed it over a Distress Ink pad - Antique Linen. Turned out fab! You can just about see it under the layers but there is some Champagne Twill in there too, across the centre. I also added a nice bow of Ivory twisted Burlap Cord (love that stuff!)

Don't forget to pop over to The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog to check out what the rest of the Design Team have dreamed up to inspire you. Oh and don't forget to play along of course, there's another bundle of goodies up for grabs! Have a great week!

Supplies:


Card/Paper: Cream card, 7Gypsies Conservatory Collection, Brown paper from BoBunny Gabrielle
Stamps: Roses in Bloom and Fancy Phrases by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: VersaMark, Distress Ink Antique Linen
Other: Guipure Lace, Ivory Burlap Cord, Champagne Twill, Silky Crush Wired Ribbon all from The Ribbon Reel, Glimmer Mist, embossing folder In Stiches, Die-cutting machine, vintage earring, sewing machine, heat gun, gold embossing powder.

12 comments

  1. WOW!!! This is soo BEAUTIFUL!!! You make the most beautiful flowers Clare - I'm so impressed.
    + LOVE your sketch! I'll definately play along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful!
    Clare, your flower just gorgeous as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Clare, I just love that gorgeous flower! Like how you dyed the lace too, your card reminds me of a caffe latte!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Clare, I absolutely love the colours and your flower is just breath taking.
    Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous flower Clare ... Lovely little card ...with beautiful colours ... I like your sketch by the way

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Clare, I tried to make a flower like you did the other week but it didn't look anywhere near as good as yours (must practice more!) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Композиция в прекрасна цветова гама,моите поздравления!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. STUNNING!!!! Well done! Love the creamy brown...

    Gr. Corine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a very pretty card, Clare. I love your colour choices and fab flower xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can comment again!!!! This is beautiful. Love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.