WMSC47.... polka dots and ruffles!

Saturday, May 14, 2011


** Third post for today!! Scroll down for my CARD PATTERNS card and scroll down further for my Just Us Girls Card (JUGS)**

Busy day!! Here's my card for this week's great new sketch at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge WMSC47. This week's sketch was designed by fellow Mischief Maker Edna. I also made this card with The Shabby Tea Room challenge #61 ' Ruffled Up' in mind.


Isn't it pretty! I received some fabby new stamps in the post (mail) including this gorgeous polka dot stamp from the Gingham & Co stamp set by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I stamped it on some tissue paper in Rose Bud Memento ink. I cut the ends with a scallop scissors. Then I gathered it on the sewing machine.


I embossed the bottom section using the Roses embossing folder, then I rubbed the top of it with Memento Angel Pink. I threaded the buttons with some pink and white Baker's Twine from The Ribbon Reel


The sentiment is from Say it Loud by Waltzingmouse Stamps, the background paper is a digi paper from my stash. 


Pop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge for some inspiration from the Mischief Makers and some of the WMS Design Team. Oh, keep your fingers crossed for me that my broadband gets fixed soon! I must go prepare for a workshop that I'm giving at The Crafty Alley Shop next Saturday.

Supplies:

Card/Paper: DIgi paper, tissue paper, white card
Stamps: Say it Loud, Gingham & Co both from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Memento Rose Bud and Angel pink, Black archival ink
Other: Pink buttons, Roses embossing folder, die-cutting machine, sewing machine, pink and white baker's twine, lace.


13 comments

  1. This is incredible pretty ... fabulous idea ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Love your ruffles and polka dots, and your demonstration of the beauty of the Rule of Thirds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so pretty and cute, Clare! Love the trow of buttons and the ruffles with it, looks wonderful!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this card, the ruffle is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Clare! Hope all is well!

    Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your little pleated 'curtain' Clare! and the lovely lace and buttons! So pretty in pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Clare,

    Thank you for mentioning my card on SCS. I really appreciate it. I just adore your buttons and ruffles card! So feminine and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! I just love your blog! All your creations are beautiful. Thanks for your nice comment on my card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clare - this is just so pretty and feminine!! I do like the way you've made that polka dot ruffle ribbon - and all those buttons!! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty and I'd have sworn that ruffle came that way until I read differently! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can never go wrong with polka dots and this is one of the prettiest I've ever seen...

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.