WMSC49.... paper rose and lace

Saturday, May 28, 2011


I don't know where May disappeared to, the weather still isn't great here, they're promising us a hot summer but we're still waiting! We're planning on making a little pond in the garden, nothing too big, Isabelle is hoping for some fish! It's still at the planning stage. Anyway, here's my card for this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge (WMSC49), another fab sketch from Edna.


I went with a soft vintage look (Niall calls these granny cards!!) I had some fab vintage lace I received in a swap a while ago, I layered this over some soft green card and I loved the subtle effect.


The large rose I made using the Sizzix Tattered Florals Die and some watercolor paper. I had the stamens in my stash. I was inspired to take the time to make some handmade flowers again after visiting this lady's blog - Claire's Paper Craft (another Claire!), WOW is she talented!!! Here's the white rose that inspired me. The two small flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. The leaves I stamped using the Roses in Bloom stamp set from Waltzingmouse Stamps.


The label is cut out using the Spellbinders Grommet Tags die. I stamped the little rose bud from the Roses in Bloom stamp set in a light green. The sentiment is from Dainty Doilies - Large Set by Waltzingmouse Stamps.


There's a lot going on with the background, I used a gesso resist technique with the Dainty Doilies - Large Set, there's a tutorial at The Craft Barn blog. I rubbed Distress Ink in Antique Linen over it, then rubbed it with a paper towel to reveal the doily stamp. Over that I stamped some text from Text-It by Waltzingmouse Stamps in Archival Ink Coffee. I did also stamp some roses over that again in light green!


I added a few beige feathers behind the rose, some scrunchy seam binding and some trinket pins. I like how this one turned out and I'm surprised how well it stood up considering the size of the flower. I think this one might have to be hand delivered or I'll have to make a little box for it! Don't forget to check out the wonderful creations from the rest of the Mischief Makers and some of the WMS design team at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. Enjoy the rest of the weekend! : )

Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, light green card, watercolor paper
Stamps: Roses in Bloom, Text-It, Dainty Doilies - Large Set by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Archival Ink Coffee, VersaMagic Sage, Distress Ink Antique Linen
Other: Seam binding, trinket pins, feathers, button, lace, twine, stamens. flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, Die-cutting machine, Spellbinders Grommet Tags die, Sizzix Tattered Florals Die, sewing machine.

19 comments

  1. This is gorgeous Clare!! I love that beautiful rose, and the overstamping is wonderful, really gives it that vintage effect! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the rose, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare, your card looks gorgeous as always. I love your style!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your rose is unbelievable Clare! you always make the most wonderful accents! Love the lace and the pretty text stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWOWOWOW ... Clare -- all I can say is this card is simply STUNNING! One of my favorites all time of yours! The handmade paper rose is breathtaking -- great job, girlie :) See you at TRR tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! Love all the laces and the soft colors, not to mention that GORGEOUS flower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love the rose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clare this takes my breath away ... I adore your flower ... such a beautiful card and the background is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing, Clare! I love your background and that flower is simply breathtaking! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sure do great "granny" cards! Hilarious your Niall. Needless to say this is a real knockout! That flower is beyond heavenly. Iwaspse the colour palette as well. So soft and dreamy. I can't wait for the doily stamps to come back in stock. It's taking ages! I digress. Stellar card Clare. So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is TOTALLY gorgeous girlie!!! I am in LOVE with it!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH MY WORD is this card ever gorgeous, Clare! I feel like I stepped into a dreamy magic garden!! That ROSE! Made my jaw drop when I saw that it was made with watercolor paper, sooo gorgeous. The background is amazing, and I will definitely be checking out those tutorials. Thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a gorgeous, darling card, clare!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just beautiful Calre. I love the flower you made. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clare this is stunning and totally BRILLIANT! It's so elegant and girly I ADORE it!
    Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty, Clare. And your rose looks so perfect, as usual xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Claire, this is beautiful !! Thank you for entering the challenge
    Isa @ the Craft Barn

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.