52 weeks of Waltzingmouse sketches!!!

Saturday, June 18, 2011



This week at The Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge we're celebrating 52 weeks of sketches!! I can't believe we've done that many sketches already!! (Ok I started around week 8 or 9 so I haven't done them all but I've been around for most of them!!) So we were each asked to pick one of our favorite sketches from all the sketches, not an easy task as I really like a lot of them but I managed to narrow it down. I picked sketch 12, a nice versatile sketch! This week we ask you to pick one of your favorite sketches from any of the previous 51 sketches (you can see them all here in the gallery) to make your card. Fun!!


Again, I'm trying to create more background papers by stamping. So I started with some plain cream card and stamped the polka dot stamp from Gingham & Co by Waltzingmouse Stamps in a light pink. Over that I lightly stamped some text from Text-It in Antique Linen and then stamped the flowers from Roses in Bloom in red.


I stamped the label in red using Holiday Labels No.14 by Waltzingmouse Stamps and the fab bold sentiment is from Say it Loud (love that set!). The colors I used this week are from Color Combos Galore #197, I was a little scared by the red but I gave it a go anyway!


Oh yea, this week Julia has a little give away on her own blog, with a chance to win the Say it Loud stamp set (don't miss out if you don't already have this set, I use it all the time!!) Check out her blog at Create with Julia.


Don't forget to check out the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog to see what sketches the rest of the team picked and their amazing creations! I can't wait to see what your favorite sketch is!

We're off to Tralee (my hometown) to check out a garden festival that's on this weekend in the town park. Should be fun, there's a craft fair, pipe bands, a dog show, flower arranging and lots more. Here's hoping it stays dry, we'll bring the umbrellas anyway! : ) Have a nice weekend!

Supplies:


Card/Paper: Cream card
Stamps: Gingham & Co, Say it Loud, Holiday Labels No.14, Roses in Bloom and Text-it by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Memento Angel Pink, Distress ink antique linen, Ink it Up true red, black archival ink
Other: Spellbinders Labels 14, ribbon, lace, button, sewing machine, die-cutting machine.

11 comments

  1. Clare - such a lovely card - I do like that big, bold sentiment and the colour scheme is super! I really like your background too - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card with stunning colours and
    fabulous stamps.

    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Clare! As are your other two made from cardboard...very inventive creations! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this Clare! the roses bg stamping looks wonderful and the contrast with the black ribbon is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been following your work for a very long time and I love your elegant cards. Antonella of quilling art and expression sent me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very very elgant and chic; I'm smitten.You created an amazing background; wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Clare, love the colours. Hope the weather stayed dry for your garden festival today x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beauty, Clare! I love the colors and the roses are so elegant!! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty Clare! I love your hand stamped background. What a perfect combination.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful and elegant card, love the colorcombo and beautiful background stamp you used.

    Hugs Corine

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous card! I just love the combination of the background roses and the checked ribbon with lacy edges! Your red label is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.