A bit more cardboard...

Friday, June 17, 2011


My second post for today! Here I used the die cut piece of cardboard from the previous card inked with a little white, I also cut a smaller shape to nest inside using Spellbinders Labels 18, I removed the top layer from the cardboard to reveal the corrugated card inside, I rubbed a little white acrylic paint over the top. I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch 195 as my starting point... it evolved a bit!


I also used the gorgeous photo from this week's challenge #66 at The Shabby Tea Room as inspiration, I just love these colors!! (Pink, green, neutrals and flowers)


I used lots of layers here. The green background paper is from Prima Botanical. The other background paper I made by stamping doilies from Dainty Doilies -Large Set by Waltzingmouse Stamps and some text on some cream card. I die cut some pretty pink felt using a Marianne design lace border die. The rose is from Wild Orchid Crafts.


The little butterfly is a lace applique I bought on ebay, it was white and I aged it with some Antique linen ink and spritzed it with some Glimmer mist.


The sentiment is from Say it Loud by Waltzingmouse Stamps and the label is from Timeless Tags by The Craft's Meow. The twisted burlap twine is from The Ribbon Reel.


I really like how this one turned out, it might be that I just love these colors though! I'll definitely be using more cardboard though, love the texture! I'll be back tomorrow with my card for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.


Supplies:


Card/Paper: Cardboard, cream card, Prima Botanical paper
Stamps: Say it Loud and Dainty Doilies Large Set by Waltzingmouse Stamps, Timeless Tags TCM, Crafty Secrets Artsy Banners
Ink: VersaMagic Sage, Memento Angel Pink, Distress Ink Antique Linen, Archival Ink Coffee, White ink
Other: Sewing machine, lace applique, rose from Wild Orchid Crafts, seam binding, trinket pin, Spellbinders Labels 18, grommet tags, Marianne Design lace border die, twisted burlap, pearls, pink felt.



17 comments

  1. Just glorious! The layers are so ethereal and luxe...each and everyone. Utterly droolworthy! I feel so very inspired after seeing this. So tempted to forgo sleep as it is nearing 4 am as write this to go and make an inspired creation! Yes, your card I'd that fabulous! Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you used the center from the previous post. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love your card!! :) I found your blog though shabby tea room and couldn't believe it when I seen you are from Limerick :) that's were my Mum is from (Mungret) she moved to Belfast in 1969 and met my Dad and settled here:). I have a lot of family in Limerick :) lovely to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that card is so pretty...you can even make cardboard look gorgeous, Clare! I wish that I had the knack for making those shabby chic clusters of embellies like you do! BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning!!!! Love the corigated paper and the butterfly it all works perfectly! :-) Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful project with us this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my and I am speehless again :)
    Wow wow wow; love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this card is beautiful! Love the lace butterfly and the cardboard diecut.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't say enough good things about this gorgeous card, Clare! You're in your element when using this pretty palette - WOW! Just beautiful! I adore the painted cardboard and all those lovely embellies ... thanks for joining us in the Tea Room this week, sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this color scheme every time you use them! Love the cardboard, and all the layers, so much fun stuff to take in makes me want to keep looking to find something I didn't see the last time! Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning and beautiful card with such soft gentle colours and fab embellishments.

    irene
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous card Clare! So stunning!! Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, Clare...I love the effect of the acrylic paint! Such a worn, shabby...beautiful effect! The muted colors are lovely, along with the sweet lace, pearls and flower accents!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! I love everything about this card ... the butterfly, the re-cycled cardboard, and that flower ... WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely stunning! I just love the butterfly too! So glad you could play along with us in the Tea Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just popped over from the shabby tea room. Been running through your blog, you have some gorgeous work here. Love everything I've seen! I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.