felt flower

Wednesday, June 22, 2011


It's been a bit of an odd day, blogger has been acting a bit funny (problems with uploading photos) and my mojo seems to have disappeared too! Anyway, I struggled on with this card. I found a great tutorial on how to make this felt flower at How Joyful blog, Joy has some great flower tutorials, I can't wait to try the rose one!


It does involve a bit of sewing but not too much. The leaves I stamped using the Roses in Bloom stamp set by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I also embossed a pretty doily from Dainty Doilies -Large set by Waltzingmouse Stamps. The background is stamped using Gingham & Co by Waltzingmouse Stamps.



The sentiment is from Fancy Phrases and the little label is from the Bitty Banners stamp set both Waltzingmouse Stamps. The felt border I die cut using the Marianne design lace border die. Papers are from Prima Botanical and 7Gypsies Conservatory Collection.

It's Isabelle's last day of pre-school tomorrow! We're off on a little holiday (vacation) to Donegal on Saturday, staying at a lovely house on the beach, hopefully we'll get a bit of nice weather but this is Ireland so we'll be prepared for all weather! : ) A few cards to prepare before we go! Here's hoping blogger is fixed soon!

11 comments

  1. Hi Claire

    Gorgeous card - doesn't look like you struggled with it!! Love that felt flower will check out that tutorial. I too have had probs with blogger, but at last have been able to upload my photos!

    Have a great holiday and fingers crossed you get some sunshine whilst you are away.

    Take care

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love sweet colours and this great flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Clare, I love that Prima paper, its one of my favs! Off to check out the felt flower tutorial. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flower is gorgeous! I love the petals - so soft! The striped brad/button is adorable!

    Hoping for good weather .... hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning!!!
    I love this card!
    The flower is gorgeous - love the striped button in the middle :-)
    I hope you´ll have a nice vacation and lots of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. I love the stamped doily image and the felt flower is so pretty. Must check out that site on how to make it. Wishing you a nice holiday and hope the sun is shining and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love the flower! Have a wonderful vacation! I was lucky enough to visit Ireland almost two years ago and loved it--even the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Clare ... so worth the effort you put in ... love the stamping ... the leaves look real as does the doily

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card with stunning gentle colours.

    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. And you just wrote on your blog that your mojo disappeared? Please look one more time at this card; I think it's a jaw-dropper :)
    The doily, the leafs, the flower, in fact every piece of this card makes me sigh and stare...

    I hope you'll have a wonderful vacation with a lot of sunshine; enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the layers you put into this flower: the button, the felt, the leaves, and the doily in the back: what a great combo! You're an inspiration:) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.