floral wreath card

Wednesday, June 8, 2011


Busy week (finishing off some magazine commissions and preparing for Isabelle's 4th birthday on Saturday!) but I managed to whip up a card yesterday. The sketch I used is from Wild Orchid Challenge.


The colors I used are from this week's challenge at CR84FN Color Challenge.


I hadn't starting out thinking I'll make a floral wreath on this card, it just kind of evolved. I wanted to use this fab doily die I just received from Die-namics (it's the Dainty Doily Lace Die), you can just see it behind the wreath. I really love it and I should get a lot of use out of it.


The 'Oh so beautiful' sentiment is from the Celebrating You Stamp set by Nina B at The Craft's Meow. All the pretty flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I love these little sweetheart blossoms and cherry blossoms, all their flowers are gorgeous!!! I also stamped a doily from the Dainty Doilies Large Set from Waltzingmouse Stamps in the centre. There's a little cream twill in there from The Ribbon Reel, don't forget you have a couple more days to enter the Ribbon Reel Challenge with a chance to win all those lovely ribbons.


The pretty pink rose is also from Wild Orchid Crafts. The sweet applique leaves I bought on Etsy. The pearl trinket pin I made. Underneath all that there's a double bow of seam binding.


The little bird I made using some white Fimo and a little silicone mould from Etsy. I like to leave them white sometimes and they look just as nice.


The green paper is from Prima Botanical. The paper behind that I stamped with various stamp sets including Dainty Doilies Large Set by Waltzingmouse Stamps, Happiness Is Stamp set from The Craft's Meow and some text from a Crafty Secrets Stamp set. Ok... off to buy some birthday presents and goodies for the party!!

Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, pink paper from Prima Melody, green paper from Prima Botanical
Stamps: Dainty Doilies Large Set from Waltzingmouse Stamps, Happiness Is and Celebrating You from The Craft's Meow
Ink: VersaMagic Sage, Memento Angel Pink, Ranger Archival Ink Coffee, Distress Ink Antique Linen
Other: Die cutting machine, Die-namics Dainty Doily Lace Die, Fimo, sewing machine, cream twill from The Ribbon Reel, seam binding, trinket pin, applique leaves, button.

27 comments

  1. A beautiful card.

    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my shabby goodness, Clare, that pink flower is soooo pretty! What a beautiful card you've designed ... you knock my socks off girlie!!! On your advice, I ordered some of those silicone molds, but haven't had time to play with them yet. Happy 4th birthday to Miss Isabelle -- WOW, how time flies! Enjoy!! My sons will be 20 and 21 this fall and it seems like I just had them yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just stunning, I adore the dainty doilies stamp and die, just beautiful, I hope Isabelle has a fabulous 4th birthday on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWZER!! I love everything about this card, Clare...especially the little dove. Such a pretty, feminine card xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am blown away by the beauty of this fabulous card. That centerpiece with the dove and the flowers is amazing. And I love the way you used that doily stamps as a background. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards always are so pretty and gentle!
    Thanks to you I've got some molds at etsy, but never played with fimo.

    Have a fab party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claire, LOVE the bird and the flower wreath! GORGEOUS card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is exquisite! I love the colors, the wreath of flowers and your rose and ribbon embellishment. The doily stamp is beautiful and the dove you made is just the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful! Love the frame of flowers, bird and color combo very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, Clare, this is absolutely breathtaking!!! Love all of those pretty flowers and that Fimo bird.....wonderful!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Clare, this is stunning!! Love the fimo bird, and the gorgeous floral wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi clare this is GORGEOUS, i love your style

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my Clare, this card is a vision in beauty! You have such a wonderful gift for making cards that are just so feminine, soft and so darn pretty! I absolutely love your style...keep up the fabulous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Forgive me if my comment has appeared here several times--I was having trouble getting it to post; hopefully, it will work now! Anyway, this card is absolutely gorgeous! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning card Clare! Lovin' all those beautiful blossoms! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is breathtaking ... so pretty and beautifully embellished ... love your little bird ...

    ReplyDelete
  17. You sure 'whip up' some stunning creations! This is absolutely beautiful! So many gorgeous details! <3
    I had a quick snoop around your blog since it's my first time here, and I quickly added myself as a follower. This I wanna see more of! Fabulous work! All of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! And to think you 'whipped it up' in-between everything else you have going on!!! You're a magician! Have fun on your daughter's birthday

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is like a sweet little wedding cake! All the layers and trim are so beautiful. Love the little charm and the dove. You are so talented.
    Thanks for sharing and inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I saw this at Wild Orchid Challenge and had to pop over to take a closer look! Very very BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Love n hugs,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow hun your card is absolutely beautiful, i love WOC's lace ribbon and flowers and have many and i love lacy vintagey things so this card is right up my street and if i were voting for the best card in the challenge this would be it!! Good Luck, love it, Vick xxxxx

    http://the-artful-codger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! This is just gorgeous! So many beautiful details and I love the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So soft and delicate...very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  24. All those flowers with the bird is pure beauty! Such a fabulous card...so so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely breathtaking Claire. Such gorgeous detail. Thanks for joining WOC this week

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.