Playing with cardboard!

Friday, June 17, 2011


I had some extra crafting time the past few days, I pulled something in my leg while (lifting something a bit too heavy!) in the garden. Nothing too serious, it's just a bit swollen and painful but I'm trying to rest it a bit. Which means no gardening or exercise for a few days... ugh! Anyway, Isabelle got a new 'big' bed for her birthday from her generous nana and it came packed in lots of cardboard. I kept some of it and put the rest in the recycling. A little while ago I made some tags from cardboard, attempting to give them a vintage look with some brown ink and stamping. Here's one.


I highlighted a few details with a white pen. I love turquoise with cardboard, here I used some acrylic inks to dye some plain white lace and seam binding. I really liked this tag, so it inspired me to make a card in a similar style.


The label is from Bitty Banners by Waltzingmouse Stamps and I just masked the end to create the double ended label. The sentiment is from the Roses in Bloom set also Waltzingmouse Stamps. The paper in the recessed area is from 7Gypsies Conservatory collection, I stamped some butterflies using acrylic paint from Friend of Mine set by The Craft's Meow.


The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts (I love their flowers!!). The trinket pin I made and the seam binding I dyed using Acrylic ink.


I'm attempting to do more background stamping, still learning though!! The pretty floral stamp, roses and butterfly are from a Marianne design stamp set and the text is from Crafty Secrets Artsy Banners. I cut out the central panel using Spellbinders Labels 18. In the next card I'm about to post you'll see where I used the bit I cut out!! : )

Supplies:

Card/Paper: White card, 7Gypsies Conservatory Collection, cardboard
Stamps: Bitty Banners and Roses in Bloom by Waltzingmouse Stamps, Marianne Design stamps, Friend of Mine by TCM, Crafty Secrets Artsy Banners
Ink: Archival Ink Coffee, Distress Ink Antique Linen, white ink pad
Other: Roses from Wild Orchid Crafts, twine, trinket pin, seam binding, lace, white gel pen, Spellbinders Labels 18, die cutting machine, acrylic paint.



6 comments

  1. That's what I called from trash to treasure! The color combo are so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful Clare! I love the shabby chic feel, something I find tricky to do! You make it look so easy! I love the turquoise and kraft combo too, it makes for a stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm speechless....this is brilliant and out of this world beautiful. Such a lovely way to use cardboard....

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love the flowers/pin/seam binding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doncha just love cardboard ... this shows it at is very best ... absolute perfection Clare ...

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.