The Ribbon Reel - Challenge #4

Sunday, June 12, 2011



It's time for another new challenge at The Ribbon Reel, this week's challenge is a color challenge - Blue, Kraft, Black and Grey/Silver with the added option to make a father's day/masculine card. Here's the inspiration photo.


Luckily I bought these pretty Maya Road Kraft envelopes online recently. Kraft products are a little hard to get here. The sentiment is from Say it Loud by Waltzingmouse Stamps, I embossed it in white. The postage mark stamp is from Crafty Secrets Artsy Banners. The little flowers I stamped in white ink, I also rubbed the edges of the envelope with white ink. I swapped the twine that came with the envelope with some blue and white baker's twine from The Ribbon Reel.


The pretty blue flower and little flower are from Wild Orchid Crafts. The trinket pin I made. I used a silver edged satin ribbon and mesh blue ribbon from The Ribbon Reel for the bows.


I added a little bit of silver by embossing a little butterfly, the stamp is from a Marianne Design stamp set. The polka dots I stamped in blue using the Gingham & Co stamps by Waltzingmouse Stamps.


The little envelope still opens so you can add a gift card or a gift of money inside. I carefully attached the flowers and bows to the lid of the envelope.


To play along visit The Ribbon Reel Challenge blog, there's another great prize up for grabs this week. The rest of the DT have some fabulous creations to inspire you. Have a great day! : )

Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, digi paper, Maya Road kraft envelope
Stamps: Gingham & Co, Say it Loud by Waltzingmouse Stamps, Crafty Secrets Artsy Banners, Marianne Design
Ink: Memento Danube Blue, Black archival ink, VersaMark, White ink
Other: Trinket pin, paper flower, Baker's twine and ribbons from The Ribbon Reel, sewing machine, white embossing powder, silver embossing powder, heat gun.

12 comments

  1. Love this and the idea to put a gift card in the envelope on the front of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I wouldn't of thought those colours would be so fabulous together truth be told, but goodness you have made me a convert. Just amazing together aren't they?! The envie flap edging and that outrageously beautiful flower have me all giddy. So wonderfully done, ever so crafty Clare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Clare, the embellishments are stunning, and the polka dots are lovely! Love the envelope on the front too, a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just wonderful - full of shabby goodness!! I love the envelope and the pretty bow and flowers! Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! Love it all! :)

    I need to get this ^birthday^ stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! shabby and chic card, Clare. Lovely colours and the little envelope is a super idea...love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clare, your card is adorable I love the shabby look and the colours are sooooo pretty. FABULOUS WORK :0)

    Zuzana x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! Love all the details and the colors you used! It is so soft and beautiful! Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exceptionally beautiful ... I love this colour combo ... the blue is gorgeous ... and once again a beautiful design ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I see a winner; this is a jaw dropper!! You never cease to amaze me with your gorgeous cards/creations. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it. Your design is beautiful. What a great color combo to work with.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.