Ribbon Reel Challenge 5 and some exciting news!!

Monday, June 27, 2011



**Super excited to be Moxie Fabber of the Week at Moxie Fab World!!! Can you believe it, I can't!!**

It's time for another new challenge at the Ribbon Reel Challenge blog, check out the inspiration photo on the blog. You can pick any colors from the photo to make your card. I used a pretty floral paper (The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady) that came free with an issue of Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine (UK).


The pretty rose and cherry blossom are from Wild Orchid Crafts. The sentiment is from Celebrating you stamp set from the Craft's Meow. I stamped it onto one of the labels from Bitty Banners by Waltzingmouse Stamps. The lace butterfly I bought on ebay and dyed with coffee. The touch of white lace is Guipure lace from The Ribbon Reel.


I pleated some yellow and white stripe twill and sewed it on the sewing machine. The lace was white crochet lace that I dyed with coffee. I also added a length of Ambrosia colored seam binding above the pleated ribbon.


Under the cluster of flowers I added two seam binding bows, one in cream and one that I scrunched in cameo beige both from The Ribbon Reel. The little pearl trinket pin I made.


Don't forget to check out the wonderful creations from the rest of the DT and play along to be in with a chance of winning some gorgeous goodies from The Ribbon Reel. Sorry this is a little short, on vacation/holiday in Donegal!! : )

20 comments

  1. Sooo pretty, Clare!!!! Soft, shabby, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful card! I love soft colours and all great details :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Clare! I love it all!
    The lace butterfly so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clare this is beautiful, I love the colours you've used. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an absolutely wonderful card!!!! And I just came from Moxie Fab: Congrats!!!! Loved reading your "interview", and I've loved your creations since I discovered you with WMS!!! You deserve the "bravo's"!!!!
    Hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous, gorgeous, girly card, Clare. Beautiful colours and I need a lace butterfly. :o)

    Congratulations on being the Moxie Fabber Of The Week. So well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your blog through Moxie Fab World.
    Love your style so much I am now a follower!
    Your card is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really are the Queen of Shabby Chic! This is just so pretty! Love the details and that butterfly - fab!

    Congrats on being featured on Moxie Fab - I really enjoyed reading the intereview!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on being a Moxie fabber of the week. So well deserved!!

    Yourcard is beautiful; I love the flowers and that stunnign buttefly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card--love the butterfly! Congrats on the feature! Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just discovered your blog and I love your style! I checked out your gallery on Splitcoast and your cards are gorgeous. The card for today is great..all the little details make it fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yes I can believe you are the Moxie Fabber of the week. Your creations are gorgeous. You never cease to amaze me with your projects and the beauty of them. This one is no exception. Hope you are enjoying your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. BIG CONGRATS on your feature, you are one Moxie Fab chick!! I'm so inspired by your artwork, and I was super honoured to see that you listed me as your inspiration... you made my day!
    {HUGS}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card ... love all the little details ... and well done on being Moxie Fabber ... so nice to know a bit about you ... you are extremely talented ...

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE all your beautiful card--this one's easy & super cute ;)
    patio cushions

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! Love the colours gorgeous details you used.

    Hugs Corine

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so gorgeous!! I love the stamped label, and the flower/ribbon accent is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Clare! I'm back! :) I have a blog award for you! This is direct link http://pinklatte-l.blogspot.com/2011/06/blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always knew that you´re moxie fab - therefore I love following your blog :-)
    Congrats!!
    Beautiful card!!
    Thanks for reminding me of my CDs, that came free with crafting magazines once... I tend to forget them...

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.