Sunny flower!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011


Hi there! Well we had some sunshine today before the clouds rolled in bringing more rain! I managed to plant a few things I had in pots, they look happier now they've got their roots in the ground! I made a sunny card in hope of more sunshine! The fab sunflower is a digital stamp from Paper Garden Projects called Sunny Flowers Digital Stamp Set available at The Digichick.


I printed the sunflower out twice and colored loosely with watercolors. I cut each flower out and layered them together. The sunflower centre is a large fabric covered button that was beige and I rubbed with coffee ink. The leaves are from Roses in Bloom by Waltzingmouse Stamps stamped onto patterned paper from Crate Paper Portrait Collection. The sketch I used is this week's sketch #15 from Sketchbook Saturday Challenge.


The sentiment is from my favorite sentiment set Say it Loud by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I stamped it with VersaMark and heat embossed in white.


The dotty paper is from Crate Paper Emma's Shoppe. The cute little bee is from the Happiness is... Stamp Set from The Craft's Meow, I used a foam pad to add dimension. I added the little flight trail with a white pen... just for fun! : )


These wouldn't be colors I'm that comfortable with but I try and step outside by comfort zone every now and again! The yellow dotty ribbon is from The Ribbon Reel.


Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, Crate Paper Portrait Collection, Crate Paper Emma's Shoppe, orange dot paper
Stamps: Sunny Flowers Digital Stamp Set by Paper Garden Projects from The Digichick, Say it Loud and Roses in Bloom from Waltzingmouse Stamps, Happiness Is from The Craft's Meow
Ink: VersaMark, Archival Ink coffee
Other: fabric covered button, polka dot ribbon, white embossing powder, heat gun, foam pads, sewing machine, watercolor paints.

8 comments

  1. Ooohh, I just love your sunny flower Claire!!! So gorgeous! Such fabulous colours as always, such a treat for the eyes! Lovely!

    hugs,
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty card! Love the big sunflower and the bee instead of a butterfly! Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely ... that sunflower looks so real Clare ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! And that sunflower looks real! So light and floaty xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous sunflower, it's so gorgeous.

    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sunflower looks so real and I think you did a wonderful job with steppin'out of your comfort zone. The colors are vibrant and what I just love is that you managed some elegant details. The card is stunning ( love love love that WM sentiment!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, Clare! It's so cheerful, great distressing too!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.