WMSC50.... bed of roses

Saturday, June 4, 2011



It's been a long week, little Isabelle was under the weather and wasn't sleeping very well. So we're all a bit tired and cranky! She's on the mend though and it's a long weekend here so we have an extra day to relax! It's time for a new sketch (WMSC50) at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge and Edna (fellow Mischief Maker) came up with this great sketch for us.


I also took my inspiration from this week's Tuesday Trigger : Classically Modern at Moxie Fab World. I love the stunning blue and white color scheme, the fab detail on the bedspread (it reminded me of dry embossing), that gorgeous mirror just like a reflective pearl. I added a touch of pink with some pink and white baker's twine from The Ribbon Reel and a little green on my sentiment echoing the vase of flowers.


I don't usually mix creams and whites but here I thought the cream just softened the look slightly. Sometimes blue and white on their own can look a little cold.


I die cut the label using Spellbinders grommet tag dies. The sentiment is from Half Pint Heroes by Waltzingmouse Stamps, stamped in VersaMagic Tea Leaves.


I added a mix of cream and white seam binding for my bow. The pearl and porcelain bead trinket pin I made (I just love porcelain beads!)


I stamped the polka dot squares using Gingham & Co by Waltzingmouse Stamps, stamped in Memento Danube Blue. Dark blue it not a color I use that often but I love how fresh it looks with whites and creams. I embossed the white border using the Cuttlebug roses embossing folder. The beautiful flowers and lace are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I also made this card with The Daring Cardmakers June flowers challenge in mind, to use Roses or Honeysuckle or both!

Don't forget to pop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog to see the fabulous creations from the rest of the Mischief Makers and some of the WMS DT. Enjoy the rest of the weekend! We're enjoying a few warm days here at the moment. I hope it's sunny where you are!! : )


Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, light cream paper
Stamps: Gingham & Co and Half Pint Heroes by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Memento Ink Danube Blue, VersaMagic Tea Leaves
Other: Cream and white seam binding, trinket pins, sewing machine, die cutting machine, Spellbinders Grommet Tags, Cuttlebug roses embossing folder, pink and white Baker's twine, doily, button, foam pads.

24 comments

  1. Щастлив ще бъде получателят на тази красота!!Поздрави!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolute treasure of a card this is. Thanks for sharing it with The Daring Cardmakers' Roses and Honeysuckle challenge this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card! I think adding the cream was perfect. Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful and I love how you wove the 2 challenges into 1 card. Blue is one of my favorite colors, but I don't often use a dark one like this; you're right, the cream softens the starkness of it so nicely! Must get that gingham & co stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clare ... GASP!!! This is absolutely beautiful -- I think my all-time FAVORITE of all the gorgeous things you make! I love the simplicity of the design, yet you achieved STUNNING results with just a few pops of well-placed embellishments. WOWOWOWOWOW -- out of this world breathtaking :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the porcelain bead and your roses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great combination of challenges on this lovely card Clare! your roses are lovely with the doily behind!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! How beautiful! I love the mix of white and cream. So fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful ... I love the cream and white together ... I think it gices a lovely touch of vintage ... hope Isabelle is soon fully fit poor little girl ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful soft and gentle card - I love it.
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, Claire, your card is absolutely breathtaking!!Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful -- I love all the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very pretty card, Clare. Love your pin, and pearl button x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous card! Love the pin you made.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad to hear that Isabelle is getting better - it's never happy when a child is ill, and Mummy is the one who feels it most :( Poor thing!
    That porcelain bead is just incredible - the whole card is gorgeous, but it's those teeny details that make it so. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is gorgeous and I love that decorative pin you made. Thanks for sharing with us at The Daring Cardmakers this week! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab card, love all the elements. Thanks for joining in the June Flowers challenge at The Daring Cardmakers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous and i love the cream too

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Clare! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. So beautiful, lovely papers and details!!!!

    Hugs Corine

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello there, This is a beautiful card, love the colours and details, just lovely!
    Thanks for the lovely comments too:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW!! This is soo AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL - I don't know how you do it - every time!!!
    This is so COOL!
    + Thank you sooo much for your sweet comment on my blog today - it made me VERY happy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an absolutely beautiful card, I love the details. Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, what a card! All the details are so lovely. Love the white, cream, and navy colors and your layering of the polka dot squares with the doily.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.