WMSC51... felt flowers

Saturday, June 11, 2011


It's time for another sketch (WMSC51) at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge, this week's sketch is by the talented Belinda Chang Langner. Isn't it great! I added a few extra bits to mine... I'm not one for keeping things simple! : )



The color inspiration came from this week's Tuesday Trigger Cosmopolitan Neapolitan at Moxie Fab World. I just love these colors together.


The sweet felt flowers I made using Sizzix Bigz Die - Flowers 3D. I did add little dots of fabric glue as I rolled the flower to keep it securely together. I love the soft texture of them.


I recycled some cardboard for the die cut label (Spellbinders Labels 18), stamped with Very Vintage Labels No.18 by Waltzingmouse Stamps in VersaMark and embossed with white embossing powder. (This week's challenge at The Shabby Tea Room is embossing)


The little tag is stamped using Bitty Banners by Waltzingmouse Stamps and the sentiment stamped in Coffee Archival Ink is from Roses in Bloom.


The background paper I made by stamping some plain white card stock with the polka dot stamp from Gingham & Co in a light pink, rubbed with some Distress Ink in Antique Linen and then over stamped with text from Text-It by Waltzingmouse Stamps.


I also added some lace, seam binding, feathers and a pearl trinket pin that I made. Ok, have a great weekend. It's Isabelle's 4th birthday today, PARTY is this afternoon! Still loads to do!

Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, cardboard, Prima Melody
Stamps: Very Vintage Labels No.18, Roses In Bloom, Bitty Banners, Text-It, Gingham and Co by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Archival Ink Coffee, Memento Angel Pink, VersaMark, Distress Ink Antique Linen
Other: Spellbinders Labels 18 die, Die cutting machine, sewing machine, felt, feathers, trinket pin, seam binding, button, white embossing powder, heat gun.

19 comments

  1. This is just so pretty - I do like all the details in your card, particularly that feather and pin!! The felt roses are amazing! A beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creation, Clare! :) Love the felt flowers, so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunningly Beautiful. Love all the elements and the effects of the white on the cardboard. Thanks for sharing. I love your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING!!! I don't know anyone who does flowers like you - sooo BEAUTIFUL it's unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card, I love the felt flower, feather and pin.

    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the creative touches you added to your card! How beautiful! Thank you for all the insite on what you used, and how you did it! You inspire me to go into my craft room, and start creating! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so Beautiful! Love the color combo and your pretty 'roses'. I'll have to remember to use fabric glue to keep mine in order!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - Happy 4th b'day to Isabelle! what a fun age that is! Love your card Clare - the felt flowers look wonderful against the white embossed label!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just want to reach in & touch the flowers & feather :)
    A very happy birthday to your little girl - and my full best wishes that you feel like a human when the party's all over ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and flowers! Happy Birthday to Isabelle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty card - love those little flowers. What a great take on the trigger photo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous!!! Love the flowers ... may have to check out this die ... TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. So, so sweet ... love those little felt flowers and what a gorgeous embossed tag!!! So happy you could join us in the Tea Room this week, Clare :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty, Claire...I love your felt flowers they're so sweet.
    I didn't blog yesterday, so belated 'HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY' to Isabelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning! I love every beautiful detail! :-)Thank you soooo much for sharing your beautiful card this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous take on both the trigger photo and the challenge this week! Love the colors and the flowers/feathers are the perfect finishing touches! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Clare! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. First of all congratulations on Isabelle's 4th birthday. I hope you had a wonderful day!

    Your card? I'm speechless. It's another handmade jewel and I already added this beauty to my favorites folder. These roses;sigh..... In fact the whole card makes me sigh. I'm smitten....Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I´d love to participate in this challenge,too - but have no idea for a card...
    Your card is stunning as ever!!!
    You´re such a talented person - from where do you get such amazing card-design-ideas?
    LOVE your card!
    Maybe somehow my brain will wake up before the deadline ;-) ?!
    Enjoy your day!
    Ulina

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.