Case study #50...

Thursday, July 28, 2011



Hello! Time for another challenge at the Case Study Challenge blog. It's our last week of CASEing the very talented Dawn Woleslagle. I love Dawn's card, the clean lines, the perfect balance of white space, the gorgeous stamped roses, the way the color of the roses is picked up in the punched border, the sideways stamped sentiment, the dimension and depth. Fabulous! I actually learned a lot CASEing this card and I was pleasantly surprised with my result. This much white space usually scares me but I was strangely comfortable with it! Ok, enough yapping, here's my card!


I flipped the layout of the card because I wanted to use these beautiful fuchsia stamps from Celebrating You Stamp set (designed by Nina Brackett) from The Craft's Meow, fuchsia flowers are supposed to be hanging... I have some in my hanging baskets. I actually picked one to reference the colors when I was painting the stamped image. I painted them using acrylic paints. (I like to get my brushes and paints out every now and again! eh and I don't own a single Copic... no really I don't!)


I stamped the image three times on separate pieces of white card and colored them. I cut out two of the stamped images and layered elements of the image. I didn't follow the original stamped image I added some extra flowers and leaves. I couldn't resist adding a bit of seam binding... I love this shade of green!!


Oh I didn't cut out the stamens of the flowers (I'm not THAT crazy!!) I just layered the main section of the flower with foam pads.


The sentiment is from Roses in Bloom by Waltzingmouse Stamps. It just fit nicely in here. I also added some matching pink grosgrain ribbon. The whole stamped panel is also layered on foam pads for added dimension.


Thank you Dawn for inspiring me! Wait 'til you see what the rest of the Case Study DT came up with... they're so talented!!




Oh yea, next week it's the Case Study 1st Anniversary Blop Hop!! And as Chupa said herself:

"On the 4th of August, we're holding a big celebratory Blog Hop, with our Designers and all but one of our amazing Muses, sharing with you what they do best! The theme of the event will be CASEing one of our DT gals - past or present, and you're warmly welcome to join in.
There will be a Linky widget as usual, where you'll be able to share your inspired creation, and the DT will have lots of PRIZES to give away! All you'll need to do is join in the Hop, and leave some love along the way... you won't want to miss it!"

So there'll be lots of fun things happening! One more thing, if you haven't voted in the Gallery Idol Competition yet you only have until 12 noon (MDT) that's 7pm (GMT) today. So if you like my card.... please VOTE for it, I'd love to get into the TOP 5!! Just click on my card at the top of my sidebar. Eternally grateful!! : )





10 comments

  1. Hello Clare

    A beautiful and stunning card with such gorgeous flowers. The colours and design are perfect.
    You have made me want to try acrylics.

    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this so much Clare - just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful1 Your coloring is perfect, and love all the dimension on here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunningly gorgeous!!
    I can't believe you didn't use Copics...
    amazing painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous flowers!!! Love the pink border!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beeeautiful CASE! I love how you turned it on its head!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, both cards! Beautiful coloring and gorgeous flowers.

    Hugs Corine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards, Clare! Love the dimension you created with the layering the ribbon used on the one card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous coloring, Clare...your design is just fantastic and those popped up flowers are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have definately captured all the elements of Dawn's card perfectly!! The bold colours in the flowers against the white is stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.