CASE study... new Design Team member

Thursday, July 21, 2011



In case you haven't heard yet, I'm the new design team member over at Case Study challenge blog! I was so delighted when Chupa asked me to join the team, what a talented group! I love the variety of styles too. Two of my fellow teamies Christina & Amy are in the Top 15 of Gallery Idol with me too!! (Today's the last day for voting btw!) Ok, so on to the card for challenge #49. This is week 3 with fabulous muse Dawn Woleslagle, she has such a wonderful CAS style yet so elegant. Here's Dawn's wonderful card that we are CASEing this week.


I love the layout of Dawn's design with the die-cuts as the focal point, I also love the bold patterned paper with the simple band across the middle and the sweet little embellishment. I chose to CASE these elements while changing the colors, the stamps, etc. making it more...me! Here's my version!!


I used papers from Emma's Shoppe (Crate Paper), some pretty gingham ribbon layered over some crochet lace. The dotty ribbon and baker's twine are from The Ribbon Reel.


I used Spellbinders Labels 18 for the label and stamped with Very Vintage Labels 18 from Waltzingmouse Stamps in Angel Pink. The sentiment is from Say it Loud stamped in Rose Bud, I simply cut around it leaving a small border and attached with foam pads. I added a pink grosgrain bow as my embellishment.


The colors I used are from the current challenge at CR84FN. I love this color combo, it's just so cheery!!


I hope I did ok, I haven't actually CASEd that many cards, I'm hoping it will broaden my creativity!! For some more inspiration, check out how the rest of the CASE study DT interpreted Dawn's beautiful card.

Chupa
Andrea Ewen
Amy Wanford
Christina Kowalczyk
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin (away at the moment)
Julie Smith
Sue Kohler
Teneale Williams
Dawn Woleslagle (this month's muse!)

Oh, don't forget to vote in the Gallery Idol competition, today's the last day to vote (ends noon MDT). Here's a link to the gallery. My card is near the top of my sidebar. (Vote for it if you like it!) Have a lovely day!!

Supplies:


Card/Paper: Crate Paper Emma's Shoppe, white card
Stamps: Very Vintage Labels No.18 and Say it Loud from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink:Memento Angel Pink, Rose Bud, Black archival ink
Other: Spellbinders Labels 18, die-cutting machine, sewing machine, crochet lace and pink gingham ribbon from Wild Orchid Crafts, Spotty yellow ribbon and baker's twine from The Ribbon Reel, pink grosgrain ribbon, sticky foam pads.

19 comments

  1. Congratulations on joining the CASE Study DT. Your card is so pretty, with lovely details and as I was looking at it I thought - oh that's our colours - must tell Clare! Then I read down the page :) Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    Good luck with Gallery Idol - so many gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge congratulations Clare, such a fab DT to be on.
    Gorgeous card, I love all that pink!
    Good luck with Gallery Idol comp this week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty case of her lovely card! Both unique and wonderful! TFS.
    Smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clare, LOVE how you cut around the sentiment and the pretty papers you used! LOVE the gingham, too! Gorgeous card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card! Keeping my fingers crossed that you advance to the next level at Gallery Idol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card!!! Congrats with moving to top 10!!!!
    Svetlana xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Clare
    Congrads on being a new Case Study Team member!!!! I love your work and keep coming back to your site for peaks.
    Blessings...Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on moving through to the top 10!!! You did a great job, and I'm rooting for you!! Love your card on this post too: you always do a beautiful job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats!
    I'm inviting you to add your cards to our linking party gallery at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/07/american-pickers-with-linking-party.html
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Clare, congrats on your new DT post and the Gallery Idol top 10!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, it's definitely YOU now! Love all the pretty, girly accents you always add...they are my favorites as well! Lovely pinks and yellows and darling sentiment, too! Welcome teamie...so glad to have you with us!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so pretty! Lovin' all the WM goodness and patterned paper! Thanks so much for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card! You are so talented! I just found out about the Gallery idol contest! Good luck! I have already "cased" your entry card! I just loved it! Imitation is the best flattery!
    Mackie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is stunning Clare, how you have delicately cut out the sentiment is superb! Welcome to the team, another wonderful jewel to the CASE study crown! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats Clare on both your DT position and your Gallery Idol success!

    This is simply gorgeous and I am so flattered to see your fabulous interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sorry for being late commenting on this one... I've been chasing my own tail! Ugh...
    First up, I love how you're cutting and popping up the sentiment - I must try this!
    Secondly - this card is so "you" and I love it! I'm very happy to have you on the Team, and I hope you're enjoying it!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. As always...love your work! I agree, just love how you cut around the sentiment! Congrats on making the DT and Gallery Idol!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So beautiful Clare, love all the pinks!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.