A few congrats cards...

Monday, July 4, 2011


I made a few congratulations cards for the Gallery Idol 2011 competition, they've had well over a 1,000 entries so far, you should check out the gallery, the talent is amazing!! I don't envy them the task of narrowing down the numbers!


I used Bitty Banners from Waltzingmouse Stamps to make the label. The sentiment is from Fancy Phrases by Waltzingmouse Stamps stamped in Coffee archival ink. The polka dot background I stamped using VersaMagic Aspen Mist and Gingham & Co. I used the In Stitches embossing folder on the white background.


The sweet flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, the butterfly I bought on ebay but I think WOC have them too. The label I stamped using Very Vintage Labels No.18 by Waltzingmouse Stamps.


Here's my second card, I used some pretty papers from The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady that came free with Cardmaking & Papercraft Magazine a while ago. The polka dot background I stamped using Gingham & Co by Waltzingmouse Stamps and VersaMagic Oasis Green.


The tag is from Bitty Banners by Waltzingmouse Stamps stamped in Antique Linen Distress ink, the sentiment is an old Anna Griffin sentiment. The lace is from Wild Orchid Crafts.


The pretty ivory gardenia is also from Wild Orchid Crafts. (I love these pretty blooms!) It's very dangerous for me to go shopping there!! ; ) Here's my last card, something a little more chirpy, the colors are bright and cheery!


I tried to keep some white space in this one (hard for me to do sometimes!) to keep it fresh. I used the In Stitches embossing folder again. The polka dot paper is a digital paper.


I've had this adorable fabric brad for ages, I couldn't find a card for it to fit with but I think it works perfectly here. The sentiment on the tag is from Sweethearts by Waltzingmouse Stamps. The turquoise satin ribbon was part of the packaging that came with some PJ's I bought a while ago. (I don't throw any bits of ribbon away!)


The banner is from Crafty Secrets stamped onto some pretty paper from Emma's Shoppe by Crate Paper. I love this paper, it's so sweet! I'm still sorting through the holiday/vacation snaps... I take a lot of photos! Lots to do this week! New Issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine is out tomorrow!! : )

15 comments

  1. They are all very very pretty! But the first one is simply breathtaking!
    Good luck in competition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally amazing Clare ... I adore every one ... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All are beautiful, soft and delicate, I love the first one the most :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these are stunning. I hope you win; your work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clare, your work is so over the top gorgeous! I just love the feminine, soft details on your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all breathtakingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab-YOU-lous! I love them all - wow! You have a way with the soft, romantic look ... every one of them is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your work... they are all beautiful.
    Thx

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your cards are just gorgeous and they knock the spots off the other entries (well the ones I've seen so far!) Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on being chosen in the Top 20 to continue...you so deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on making the Top 20!!!! These are all over the top beautiful! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work, Clare! Huge congrats on making to the top 20 list for GI!! Good luck on your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on making the top 20! Stunning creations!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations and Celebrations to you - wonderful cards as usual but the last one - oh my goodness - penants and flowers....just wonderful together - I do hope you get on well, you certainly deserve to...I really admore the way you are able to incorporate the freebies one gets in a magazine. Well done.
    Greetings from Tyrone among the bushes...great photos of Donegal...I was there Saturday...Bundoran and Rossnowlagh.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.