Gallery Idol 2011 - I need your votes!!

Monday, July 11, 2011




How did I get here?? It doesn't feel real, it feel's like a whirlwind! So, my first card made it into the Top 20 in the Gallery Idol Competition run by Papercrafts magazine. For the next stage of the competition the theme was DIY Embellishments, we were given 3 days (no pressure!) to make a card for this round. I did my best under the pressure! Here's my card 'Butterfly and Rose'.


I wanted to make some kind of Fimo embellishment, I had a butterfly silicone mold that I hadn't used before so I went with that. It really is pretty big!! It has some lovely details on it. I decided to leave it white this time.


I used the Sizzix Scallop Tag die for the tag, cut from cardboard (the box kind!). Stamped in Versamark with some text from Text-It by Waltzingmouse Stamps and embossed in white. I rubbed the edges with some white ink and a little white paint.


Of course I HAD to make a flower embellishment! I used one of the simple 5 petal flowers from the Paper Flower Templates Set from The Digichick as my shape. This shape makes a slightly softer looking rose compared to the Tattered Florals die. I traced 3 medium sized flower shapes and 3 smaller shapes onto double sided paper (I used a pretty pink paper from Smitten by K&Co). I shaped the petals on a foam mat, layered them together, for the centre I pinched it closed and added a dab of glue. The tips were brushed with white acrylic paint. The leaves were stamped onto dotty paper using the leaf stamp from Roses in Bloom by Waltzingmouse Stamps.


The sentiment is from Say it Loud by Waltzingmouse Stamps, stamped onto some ledger paper. The felt lace borders I made using the Marianne Design lace border die. Under that there's a little vintage paper from Emma's Shoppe.


The shabby bit of ribbon hanging from the tag I made by tearing a strip from some cream organza fabric. I planned on making a couple of cards for the competition and picking my favorite but I was happy with how this one turned out (and I ran out of time : )

So I NEED your VOTES (please!) to get me through to the next round!! Here's how to VOTE, go to the Papercrafts Mag website HERE, register or log in using Facebook Connect, then click on my card to vote for me. I'll be eternally grateful!! : ) I'm having lots of fun and I'd love to get through to the next round!! It's been great getting to know the rest of the contestants! They're a great support!

EDIT - I've added my card to the sidebar, if you click on it, it takes you directly to the voting page! VOTE! VOTE VOTE! Please! : )

38 comments

  1. Clare, love what you created - I've voted for you! Best of luck. Deirdre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Clare! You've got my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The white butterfly is gorgeous, and your flower has such pretty texture! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card and absolutely gorgeous paper rose! I've just put up a blog post on the TRR challenge blog about the Gallery Idol competition and your entry. Hope it helps x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clare, this is just beautiful!! Love all the details. Now, I need to get some fimo to try out!! Love your shabby style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Clare. beautiful embellishments. You'll certainly get my vote. :-) Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is such a STUNNER, Clare! I love that butterfly and the rose and the gorgeous white inking you added to everything. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Clare, the butterfly is just perfect. Good Luck :)
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are one of my very favorite card creators!!! I voted for you. :o)

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Clare! The flower looks so real! You certainly will get my vote! Thanks for the comment on my blog. I'm new to blogging and have to have someone show me how to get my photos on it--hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful!! the colors are so sweet and your embellies are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is very pretty. Very.
    You have my vote.
    Good irish luck ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A well deserved honor Clare. Your style is so unique! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply Beautiful! Your butterfly is gorgeous and the flower looks so real! Definitely will vote for you! Just love all your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clare, this card is just gorgeous. The colors alone are so ethereal, but your embellishments just keep it going. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, that's gorgeous! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats, and it's a beautiful card too!!! I've been wanting to try the Fimo clay in a mold, and you've got me inspired!! And you are my vote :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You'll get my vote Clare!
    This card is beyond words, love everything you've done with it, your flower is GORGEOUS.

    good luck! :)
    hugs,
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  19. Off to vote! YOU ALWAYS have my votes sweetie :-) Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Clare this is so gorgeous, the butterfly is amazing!! Popping over now!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Clare your card is just beautiful, I love the butterfly and rose. I'm off to vote for you now. Good luck.

    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just added mine, Clare! Your card is stunning!!! And the embellishments you have made are truly gorgeous!!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card Clare, it's got my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have my vote Clare, how could you not....as far as I can see there are only 2 other cards which are anywhere near your skills....one is the bicycle...with the shadow. I commented on those two cards but you got the vote....all the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  25. A really lovely card, Clare! Good Luck!

    PS. Thanks for your comments on my card.

    ReplyDelete
  26. That rose is divine - I seriously can't believe that you MADE that, it's just like what you would buy and I love that butterfly in all white too. Great job with your embellies and best of luck for this round.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This has to be one of the prettiest cards I've seen in a while. Every detail is exquisite. I WANT that butterfly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Done deal-I'm Beth W there.I agree with everyone else-exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your style Clare! Beautiful card and such fab embellishments! You have my vote!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your card is gorgeous and what a wonderful butterfly! Leaving it white was a great idea. And that rose is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely card, gorgeous fimo butterfly!!!

    Hugs Corine

    ReplyDelete
  32. beautiful Clare ... very best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous! Love the flower ... you got my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Good luck; I already voted :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I was so happy to see you made top 20 in this competition, congratulations! Your card is beautiful, love that you made so many different embellishments for this, all of them are LOVELY!! Good luck to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I voted for you sweet girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Clare! you're one of the finalists with this lovely card!!! whoo hoo!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.