Ribbon Reel Challenge 6 and a favor to ask! : )

Monday, July 11, 2011



It's been a busy few days for me, there's so much happening at once. Anyway, it's time for a new challenge at The Ribbon Reel, challenge 6 is a sketch challenge! Check out the great sketch by Keilly.



The sketch is open to interpretation. I used some gorgeous papers from Marianne Design called Songbook, it has some fab music sheet papers in it and pretty silhouette images. I love this one!!


There's a little bit of Webster's Pages in there too. I used some toffee satin ribbon, white crochet lace (that I rubbed with Distress Ink) and bay leaf Seam Binding across the middle of the card, all from The Ribbon Reel.


For the bow I added some gorgeous soft blue Loop Trim (I love this stuff, it's so pretty!), some more seam binding and a little Baker's Twine. I've loads of these little jump rings (I bought some for a jewelry project) and they're perfect for adding little tags to your cards. The sentiment is from Half Pint Heroes by Waltzingmouse Stamps. The sew on bit of bling I bought on ebay (very reasonable!)


The large sentiment comes from one of my favorite sets Say it Loud by Waltzingmouse Stamps. Don't forget to pop on over to the Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog to check out the lovely creations from the rest of the DT.

Ok, on to that favor... well, some of you might already know I made it into the Top 20 (miraculously!) of the Gallery Idol Competition being run by Papercrafts Magazine. So to make it in to the next round of the competition we had to make another card under the theme of DIY Embellishments. My card is made and ready to go. All of the cards will be revealed later on today at the Papercrafts website and you'll be able to VOTE for your favorite card. (Here's the favor part, I'm kinda hoping you'll VOTE for me!!) : ) The standard is extremely high, so I'll need all the votes I can get!! I'd love to make it through to the next round! I'm having so much fun! Ok, so I'll be posting my card here on my blog later today once the voting commences. I think that's 6:00pm my time (GMT). 12:00 noon (MDT) I'll be back later!! : )

9 comments

  1. Beautiful card Clare, I adore the silhouette image. Good luck with the Gallery Idol competition, I for one will be voting for you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got my vote-I adore all of your creations-your work is always stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another card fully of shabby goodness - you make this style look so easy! It's not!! Good luck with the Gallery Idol - I'll be back later to have nosey!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll get my vote ... love your work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Clare, I love the little silhouette panel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card has something soothing and calming. I love these soft shades and the shades of blue and green are lovely. Great use of a jump ring and that little piece of bling is a perfect match. Gorgeous; I am in love with that silhouette image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And you got my vote; good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.