The Ribbon Reel - Challenge #7

Monday, July 25, 2011



Hello, it's time for another challenge at The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog, this week Debbie is our host and she provided this beautiful inspiration photo. So the challenge is to create a card or project inspired by the photo and use a flower with ribbon and lace. The colors are pretty subtle in the photo so I went with a light and airy feel to my card.


I used Spellbinders Labels 18 and Foliage dies on my card. I pinched the leaves slightly on the foliage for a little interest. The pale pink gardenia and cream rose are from The Ribbon Reel. Aren't they pretty!


I stamped my sentiment from Fancy Phrases by Waltzingmouse Stamps directly onto some Ivory Twill from The Ribbon Reel. I stamped the polka dots from Gingham & Co in VersaMagic Aspen Mist. I also added a little White Crochet Lace. The beautiful Pink Pleated ribbon is also from The Ribbon Reel.


I added some Cream Seam binding and Natural Crochet Lace behind the flowers. Inset into the die-cut frame is some corrugated cardboard painted white. The little blue flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.


Don't forget to pop over to The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog to see the wonderful creations from the rest of the DT. Be sure to play along to be in with a chance of winning a selection of goodies from The Ribbon Reel Store.

Oh and pop by later... I'll be revealing my card for Round 3 of the Gallery Idol Competition. You can see who made it into the Top 10 here. (These ladies are SO talented!!) The theme for Round 3 was 'Fabric Meets Paper'. It seemed to take me forever to create a card for this one!! I think the pressure's getting to me!! Thanks again to everyone who's voted for me so far, I wouldn't have made it here without you!! I'm very grateful!!! : ) See you later!

11 comments

  1. I do like the soft sorbet colours you've used and the flowers are just fab. Lovely pleated ribbon too!

    PS Good luck with R3 - can't wait to see your card xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Clare, lovely soft subtle colours!! I love how you have shaped the leaved to add more depth and the frame is stunning!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare this is lovely ... going to try and find the time to do this challenge ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heavenly, Clare ... pure bliss!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Clare

    Wow your card is just beautiful, I love the soft gentle colours and layout. Stunningly beautiful.

    irene
    xxxx

    Good luck in the next round.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Clare, what can I say - there are not enough words to describe how gorgeous this card is!! The colours of your card match the inspirational photo so perfectly! This is not a card, but a dream :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card so suits our challenge this fortnight. The framed flowers and leaves are stunning.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is incredibly beautiful! I love the flowers and how you made the leaves/foliage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous looking card!! Love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.