Roses and polka dots!

Saturday, July 2, 2011


We're still on holidays/vacation, traveling back home today, we had a lovely time, I'll share some pics when I get back! Although it's only been a week I feel like I've being missing loads of things in blogland!! Oh and thanks SO much for all the sweet comments you left for me at Moxie Fab World, I'm so honored to be Moxie Fabber of the Week! If you haven't seen the new releases from Waltzingmouse Stamps, you simply have to check them out... I love the cameos and flourishes, so many possibilities!! Can't wait to get my new sets! Anyway, here's this week's sketch (WMSC54) from the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.


I used the gorgeous roses from Roses in Bloom by Waltzingmouse Stamps for the circle elements in my card (this is still one of my favorite sets, I love just using the leaves sometimes with paper flowers I make). I stamped the roses in brown on cream card and colored with acrylic paints. The leaves I stamped onto some pale green card.


The polkadot background I stamped in pink using Gingham & Co by Waltzingmouse Stamps, again onto some plain cream card. I made a simple gate fold card this time, with a rose on both sides. I trimmed the left edge with a little cream seam binding and some yummy pink velvet scallop trim!


The large sentiment is from Say it Loud by Waltzingmouse Stamps, I love this set, I'd love to see even more of these gorgeous large sentiments, they create such a wonderful focal point and are great for balancing larger elements on cards. Don't forget to check out the wonderful creations from the rest of the Mischief Makers and the WMS DT at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. Hopefully I'll be back in the swing of things next week... lots to do!!!

Supplies:


Card/Paper: Cream card, white card, light green card
Stamps: Say it Loud, Gingham & Co, Roses in Bloom all Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Memento Angel Pink, Ranger Archival Ink Coffee
Other: Acrylic paints, sewing machine, velvet scallop trim, cream seam binding.

8 comments

  1. Oh my, this is just beautiful Clare! Love the fold you used on the card and your roses are colored wonderfully! Hope you had a lovely vacation and congrats again on being featured over at Moxie Fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So soft, pretty and feminine! Love the way you've folded the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, you have created a stunning presentation. I love visiting here ... such inspiration! Thanks for sharing your talents with us ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fold and your coloring on the roses is amazing! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card! Your colored roses just wonderful! Love it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous; and pure beauty to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is just the most gorgeous card--just what we've come to expect from you! That is a really cool idea to use a gatefold on this sketch. Thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo!!!!! AND congrats on making the list for Gallery Idol top 20--well-deserved, Clare!! I think you will be busy making cards for a few weeks... :) I will be cheering you on! These cards are absolutely beautiful!! Love them all! Good luck on your first challenge for GI!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.