Sweet blossom and bird!

Thursday, July 14, 2011


Finally I found some time to make a card for my blog. I've been making cards all week but I can't share them on here. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow!! I've had this card in my head for a while but I didn't have any nice bird images. So, I have an old bird watchers book with lovely illustrations in it, so Niall scanned this bird for me and made a copy, he managed to enlarge it without loosing too much detail. It was perfect for my card, just the right color, looking in the right direction (for me!).


I wanted the bird sitting on some branches, with a nest and some flowers blooming. I tried cherry blossom flowers but they were too big, these little ones from Wild Orchid Crafts worked better (in relation to the size of the bird!) The branches are actually some clippings from real trees in the garden. I left the little bits of foliage on, they dried out perfectly. I pinched some of the paper flowers closed so they looked like buds.


The little nest I made from hessian/burlap fabric that I pulled apart a bit. I added a little feather in there too! The sentiment is from Say it Loud by Waltzingmouse Stamps. The brown patterned paper is from Prima Melody. The music sheet is from Songbook by Marianne Design.


For the bow I tied a double bow of seam binding and lace. I added another little flower and a pearl bead.


I also used Prima Botanical paper and a doily. I really like how this one turned out. For once it pretty much looks like how it did in my head!!

Oh, if you haven't voted in the Gallery Idol competition run by Papercrafts you only have until 12 pm (MDT) today to vote. I'd really appreciate the vote, I'd love to get to the next round. Just click on the photo of my Butterfly and Rose Card in the top of the sidebar for a direct link to vote. Thanks to everyone who has voted for me so far!!! It means a lot to me that you took the time to vote! : )

14 comments

  1. I adore this card! You are so talented in making these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness...this is so gorgeous! I love anything having to do with birds and this is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking of you and hoping that you make it to the next round: crossing my fingers!!! And your bird card is amazingly lovely: I love that idea of scanning the image of the bird for your card. thanks for the idea, and the nest is great too. GOOD LUCK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding! Without sounding just plain weird, you really are so masterful and continually inspire! Actual foliage?! Genius! Sort of mixed media with a gorgeous difference. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Clare! This card is adorable! Love how you used a real branch for the bird! Keeping my fingers crossed that you make it to the next round!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful and delicate looking. Love the bird's nest you have on this too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! So sweet and soft. I love flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just so pretty - the bird is lovely and the fact that you've got real twig and feathers makes this really special.

    Keeping my fingers crossed - hope to see you in the next round of Gallery Idol. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is another stunning creation Clare, good luck in Gallery Idol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Love the bird and nest, and the blossoms, too x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clare this is such a perfect example that shows us why you should win the Gallery Idol competition. Your ideas and creative skills are just brilliant. I love it to pieces. It's the kind of card you want to look at throughout the WHOLE day!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.