Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #55 and a few snaps

Saturday, July 9, 2011



I'm still pretty excited (and nervous!) after yesterday (see post here!) so I picked some soft muted colors for my card this week at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge to try and calm myself down a bit!! Here's this week's sketch #55 by the talented Belinda!


I used the soft color palette from this week's color challenge at The Play Date Cafe, isn't it gorgeous!


The light green paper I stamped subtly using Text-It by Waltzingmouse Stamps. The label I stamped in Oasis Green using Holiday Labels No.14. The sentiment is from Roses in Bloom stamped onto some tracing paper.


The lace applique was white and I dyed it in a diluted coffee mix, I prefer using coffee instead of tea, I find the results with tea can be a bit orange tinged.


The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. Don't forget to check out the amazing creations from the rest of the DT at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge and play along to be in with a chance of winning a fabby new stamp set of choice!

Ok, I better go make some DIY embellishments. Niall's taken Isabelle shopping so I have a few hours to get some work done!! Oh, here's a few photos from our trip to Co.Donegal.


The view from the house!! There was nothing more relaxing than waking up to this every morning!!


Mount Errigal in the background, highest mountain in Co.Donegal. (That's a donkey in the pic!)


A few sheep just walking along by the side of the road... a regular sight! 


The castle at Glenveagh National Park. The gardens were just stunning!


My favorite was the blue border, I love blue flowers!


I love these gates (I have a thing for gates!)


Isabelle made her wishes in the wishing well...


Lots of thought went into them!


She made several!


I hope they come true!! : )

21 comments

  1. Your card.....amazing. Love the way the lace turned out. I would never ever have thought of using coffee :)
    Gorgeous Clare; as always...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops; love the pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE this soft and gorgeous card Clare! You rocked the PDCC colours! Thanks so much for sharing and joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Clare - your work is always stunning! Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Your card today has such a beautiful flower on it - looks like a gardenia; must check out that source. And your pictures! What a beautiful place to vacation - the gardens are beautiful (I love blues too)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Clare! Love the photos--brings back memories of my visit to Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is wonderful Clare - love that lacey piece under your beautiful flower! what a wonderful place you visited! Isabelle looks so sweet making her wishes at the well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Clare ... your little girl is adorable ... love the photos TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card Clare, and huge congratulations on your well deserved Gallery Idol top 20!! you are a star!!! Loved your pics too! miss I is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so soft & pretty! Love the touches of lace you've added. And Miss Isabelle is a cutie pie...hope those wishes come true!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful card, delicate and soft :) I love how You used lace :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah Clare!!! You have my vote!! I love your gorgeous cards!!! And this one is no exception...soft and beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card!! Congrats on your win at PC- that card is fabulous also!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a pretty card, Clare, and congrats on being chosen top 20 for Gallery Idol!! I'll be cheering you on for sure!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - wonderful post! Your little one is so sweet!! And the card - full of so many pretty details. Love that lace! Brilliant work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Swoon! Absolutely stunningly gorgeous!! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darling photos of your daughter! I hope her wishes come true, too. The rest of the photos from your trip are lovely too - those gardens, wow! And your card...beautiful. You always do such a lovely job combining all the elements - never too little, never too much, always just right. (Thanks for the tip on the coffee.)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous ... everything about this post is just gorgeous. The card, the garden, and especially your sweet angel.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Clare, your trip looked heavenly! Thanks for sharing the pix with us. Your card is lovely, but then again, I think ALL of your cards are lovely! Best of luck with Idol. ;) Oh, and thanks for playing with us at The Play Date CAfe!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So beautiful and packed to the brim with elegance and serentity, Clare! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe! Oh! And what beautiful pictures of your trip! I LOVE blue flowers, too ;)! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful, beautiful card!! And I loved the pics of your trip (Ireland is SO beautiful!!) and your sweet daughter throwing her coins in the wishing well: she is a doll!!! And congrats on being in the gallery idol competition!!! You got my vote!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.