WMSC56 and a big thank you!

Saturday, July 16, 2011


It's been an exciting few days, my card made it through to round 2 in the Gallery Idol competition, I'm now into the Top 15!! (that IS amazing!) You can take a look at all the wonderful cards here. I just want to thank everyone who voted for me, I'm so grateful!! SO, in round 2 the theme is Creative Die Cuts and I have to come up with something amazing! (No pressure... I have until Monday!) The other great news is that I'm now officially one of the Dirty Dozen at Splitcoaststampers!! I'm so honored to be part of such a talented group, I can't believe they asked ME!! ... Ok, back to the card, this week's sketch at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge is by the lovely Julia Aston.



The colors are subtle in my card, so you have a look a little hard for the sketch!! It's in there!! I used one of the motifs from Ovals - Classic Frames by Waltzingmouse Stamps (love this set!) to make the patterned paper, I stamped it in VersaMagic Tea Leaves on some cream card then I went back over the middle sections with a white pen, I love the effect.


The sentiment is from Big Day - Additions by Waltzingmouse Stamps, I love the font! Isn't it gorgeous! The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the trinket pin I made. The leaves I stamped in Coffee Archival Ink onto patterned paper using the leaf stamp from the Roses in Bloom set.


Don't forget to pop on over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge to see the wonderful creations from the rest of the Mischief Makers and some of the WMS DT. Oh and play along to be in with a chance of winning a stamp set of your choice!

Ok, I'm off to create something... with dies! Wish me luck!!! : )

18 comments

  1. You are so worthy Oh Talented One. Congratulations. Can't wait to see
    What you come up for the next round. All the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it !! it's an absolute stunner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many, many congratulations Clare, well deserved on both counts. You are truly a talented crafter.

    Good Luck with the next round and on your place with the Dirty Dozen.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Clare I forgot to comment on your card !!!
    just stunning and so beautiful.

    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are always so beautiful! Congrats on all the honors--you certainly deserve them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This makes me even prouder of my amazing new Teamie... so freakin' cool!! Enjoy getting your hands dirty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My gosh Clare - you are just such a 'hot' stamper right now!!! the Idol and the Dirt Pile - you are going to be ONE busy stamper - but I know you are up to it GF!!! What a lovely sketch card - the bg stamping looks wonderful and your flower and leaves are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Double congrats!!! love this card too ... this is definitely your year to shine Clare ... best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, and good luck on your next creation: I'll be checking to see and vote!! A big HUG and hopes that you make it to the next round!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing card - congrats and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, Clare! Love the leaves there and that flower is a beauty, so stylish with the pretty swirly sentiment!! Really nice!!
    hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  12. You don't need luck ... you're such a talented girlie -- BUT, here's wishing you tons and tons of luck to create something stunning with dies :) I can't wait to peek at your project :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clare you just made another stunner; and about the Gallery Idol challenge...you'll have ny vote again. I hope you win! :)
    ( And you deserve to win!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So so so beautiful!!!
    Your cards are always so beautiful!
    LOVE the dotted leaves!!
    Congrats on your success!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're such a top notch card designer that it's no surprise you've gone on to round 2 and also made the dirty dozen!! LOVE this floral beauty...stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WooHoo!! How did I miss the Dirty Dozen announcement...wonderful news - congrats!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.