WMSC57... peachy : )

Saturday, July 23, 2011


Hi! I'm still so thrilled from yesterday, I'm delighted to be in the Top 10 of the Gallery Idol Competition, thank you so much if you voted for me, I'm so grateful!! In this round the theme is 'Fabric meets Paper', I've no idea what to do yet, I've just done some brainstorming, waiting for inspiration to strike!! On to today's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge, here's this week's sketch, created by the talented Julia.


I went for a peach, green and cream color scheme this time, I love the warm tones of peach. I dug out my Victorian Frippery set by Waltzingmouse Stamps, (with all the new releases, I forget about the old favorites sometimes!) Stamped the border in a mix of VersaMagic Persimmon and Pink Grapefruit.


The sweet flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. The sentiment is from Say it Loud by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I also used Frame-It to stamp the border around the Butterfly Garden paper (Pink Paislee). I also stamped a little music sheet in Memento Pear Tart using Musical Backgrounds.


I added a little crochet lace under the flowers and a scrunchy seam binding bow. Don't forget to check out the rest of the creations from the talented DT at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge and play along to be in with a chance of winning a stamp set of your choice.


Ok, I'm off to introduce fabric to paper!! ; ) Thankfully I have all day today to create something, Niall's taken Isabelle to visit her cousin Abi. She'll have a great time!! Fingers crossed inspiration comes my way!! Have a wonderful weekend!

18 comments

  1. A beautiful and stunning card, I love the colours and those fabulous flowers.

    Congratulations on getting into the next round - good luck.

    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire
    Stunning gorgeous card ...your cards are Fab....congrats
    hugs sylvie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear about your card in top 10! Congrats!

    This peachy card is truly beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on advancing to the next round! I'm sure you will come up with something exquisite! Love this card as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING! Love your beautiful row of flowers. So happy to hear about you making it to the Top 10...off to go vote, if I can find the link. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on making to the next round. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful, Clare - love your color scheme today, so soothing. And congratulations on the top 10!! So pleased for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Clare. Good luck in the next round.

    The colours, layout and flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, Clare! These are my favourite colours...love the arrangement of flowers.

    Well done on reaching the top ten in the competition!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glorious Clare style! Love those peachy flowers and soft background. Simply lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. First off - BIG BIG Congrats to you for making it through another round!! (I knew you would Clare - you are so UBER talented!!!)

    Love all the soft subtle bg stamping on your card - the frame looks wonderful stamped on the patterned paper! what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done ... and this is another beautiful card ... keeping my fingers crossed for you ... "Go Ireland!"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yippee!! You're in the top 10! I have no doubt you'll be inspired to create an over the top gorgeous card...just as this one for the WMSC! Love your soft, feminine style!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Clare, this is so gorgeous! The flowers at the bottom are BRILLIANT! Looks delicate ;)
    The colours are beautiful, and I love all your amazing, special touches that make your cards so very unique.

    hugs,
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card: it's done in my favorite colors, and it's so feminine!! it couldn't get better!! For your ideas for fabric on your cards, you can make flowers out of fabric. Take a long strip, about 2" wide, 10 to 20" long. fold it in half so it is now 1"wide. run a basting stitch along the raw (cut) edge. Pull one of the threads (usually the bottom thread works best) and it will gather up. Roll it up and you will have a flower. You don't have to do this, but it's just an idea. If I think of anything else I'll let you know. GOOD LUCK!!! Hugs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a delicate, beautiful looking card. Love the row of roses!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wonderful card- so great decoration- love it
    elborgi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on making the top 10 - well deserved though! I'll be voting as soon as the voting opens.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.